Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace - is it time to believe?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Looking at their remaining fixtures I've given them a very generous 10 points so it is indeed nip and tuck, saying that I've given us 13 in the same way so if both miraculously come to pass we'll still finish below them and in more danger of the drop, hold tight this could get bumpy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Didn’t see the game as driving back from Brighton Hospital however seems like Wilf was on the deck a lot and Stuart Pearce wasn’t impressed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reminds me of us last season. Spent the 1st half taking pretty much every chance on offer which was covering up a defensive non-creative shambles. If they lose some confidence and get on a bad run, they could be in trouble but we’d need to make sure they get nothing at the Amex. A very tough set of fixtures in May for them too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm much, much more concerned about us staying up then them right now.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm much, much more concerned about us staying up then them right now.

Yep me to at the moment. We are still 4 points behind and are not really in any rich vein of form ourself. A win today would be most welcome. They are not playing well with no win since Boxing Day but they currently are 3 wins from being safe and they are the sort of side who will take points of teams when you least expect it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They always survive. Spawny tw@ts

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Zaha has been awful all season bar one match (against us obviously).

I wouldn't quite go that far, although he certainly hasn't been ripping it up. What I would say is that he's been in a perma-sulk this season. His work rate, body language, disdain for his teammates, etc have all spoken volumes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They only need 8 or 9 points from 12 games, so should be fine barring a shocking run.

It's our job to make sure we can go above them with a win at home in our game against them. And then win it, like we should have done there

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Sadly he is generally quite a good keeper imho
Just had a. how shall I put it ?
a Stockdale moment
The other week

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Think they will survive this season.

But as Stat points out, they have an aging squad and don't appear to have any kind of successin plan in place.
The next 2 seasons are key for palace.
Whilst getting top dollar for Wan Bissaka was good business, he was exactly the sort of player to build for the future around.

Not sure Palace will be able to splash the cash around to rebuild the squad. Equally not sure that Roy is the man to oversee that.

Time will tell, but I think their downward trajectory will continue for a while.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Zaha has and will continue to keep them up by himself - no EPL team relies on a single player more than Palace do with him.

As bad as Roy was for England, he's still an excellent manager for cash-strapped struggling sides.

Like any Albion fan, I naturally hope Palace fall like a stone, but credit where it's due.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Zaha has and will continue to keep them up by himself - no EPL team relies on a single player more than Palace do with him.

As bad as Roy was for England, he's still an excellent manager for cash-strapped struggling sides.

Like any Albion fan, I naturally hope Palace fall like a stone, but credit where it's due.

Grealish.....maybe. Certainly the same result against us!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
With all the Palarse fans on here and all the talk about Palarse which has so little to do with GraPott and the possibility of the Albion getting relegated it appears sometimes this board is more a Palarse sub-board than a Brighton board.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
With all the Palarse fans on here and all the talk about Palarse which has so little to do with GraPott and the possibility of the Albion getting relegated it appears sometimes this board is more a Palarse sub-board than a Brighton board.

???

3295F9D8-2913-4E0F-9873-FC21414CEB53.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here