Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace 'Holmesdale Fanatics' protest against Sky Sports

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Falcao and Rooneys wages are obscene in any context. You mention that these wages could wipe out the debts of smaller clubs. How do smaller clubs let themselves get into a situation where they have to go into liquidation... twice? :rolleyes:

I enjoy your little barb there, perhaps you should take a look at our recent thread on whether the southern cross is a symbol of racism only used by the extremely ignorant ;)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Falcao and Rooneys wages are obscene in any context. You mention that these wages could wipe out the debts of smaller clubs. How do smaller clubs let themselves get into a situation where they have to go into liquidation... twice? :rolleyes:

Well of course if you don't have a ground to sell to bail you out...and let's face it, no-one else wanted to pay anything for your bottom of the league squad at the time. Both liquidations were brought about the ambitions of ONE MAN.. be interesting to see if any global catastrophe would affect the business empire of TB detrimentally. Let's face it without TB you are bust, and homeless.:falmer:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Sky has ruined football to the extent that its meant the likes of Palace or Brighton will never be able to win the topflight without first getting a multibillionaire foreign owner. Sky has ruined football to the extent that one week of wages from Rooney would be able to wipe out the debts of the vast majority of the sides in the conference put together. Its wrong.

Yes we are taking the Sky money, but what do you expect a club in a competition to do? Refuse to go up?
Still can't understand the durability of the lazy 'Sky is to blame for everything'. The precise moment that not only clubs like Brighton and Palace, but clubs like Everton and Villa could kiss goodbye to winning the league was the advent of the Champions League. The main reason the top wages spiralled so alarmingly was so the prize money and prestige hungry clubs could compete across Europe, where clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid have always paid crazy money.

Plus a whole host of other factors, but easier to blame it all on Sky.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well of course if you don't have a ground to sell to bail you out...and let's face it, no-one else wanted to pay anything for your bottom of the league squad at the time. Both liquidations were brought about the ambitions of ONE MAN.. be interesting to see if any global catastrophe would affect the business empire of TB detrimentally. Let's face it without TB you are bust, and homeless.:falmer:

Agreed, with this being a direct result of us paying our debts and suffering as a consequence. Palace however racked up huge debt chasing the Sky dream TWICE. You will do it for a third time, of that I have very little doubt

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Has the Palace owners come out and condoned the HF actions yet, or are they too scared to? I can't find anything on Newsnow.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In 21 years of the PL there have been just 5 different winners of the league.

In the 21 years pre-PL, there were 7 different winners. When I was a kid I thought only Liverpool, Arsenal or Everton could win the league!

In the PL era MU dominate with 13 wins, 2nd are Arsenal and Chelsea with 3 wins each. In the previous 21 years Liverpool dominated with 11 wins, with Arsenal 2nd picking up 3 wins.

Sky is an uncomfortable bedfellow no doubt with their constant flouting of tradition, however the real disparity in the league has been created by the Champions League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here