Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace (h) moved to Friday 14th January

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I may be in the minority here but Friday night is probably my third best k/o time after 3pm Sat or 5.30 Sat. Assuming the bars will be home only after and the one way / special train is still a thing then it means an early get away and just crack on with the weekend if the worst result should happen or no work / school the next day if there's cause to stay late. Plus a great excuse to knock off early that day. POETS and all that.

My second best

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone here know why the obsession in moving us to Saturday evening Amex games?

I much prefer 3pm KO’s, then get home and have a nice long evening.

Probably something to do with the fact the TV companies just have to roll into town and plug in.

I'd have thought it's a bit of a logistical nightmare for all the lesser clubs than inhabit that time slot.
I can't imagine the set up being so simple at plays like Turf Moor, Selhurst, Vicarage Lane et al.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I meant tomorrow’s fixture.

We are the BT Sport pick, which is usually the 12.30 game.
Sky normally have the 5.30ko.
They chose the Manchester Derby, on Police advice in conjunction with the clubs they decided to move that game to 12.30.
So we get 5.30 again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably something to do with the fact the TV companies just have to roll into town and plug in.

I'd have thought it's a bit of a logistical nightmare for all the lesser clubs than inhabit that time slot.
I can't imagine the set up being so simple at plays like Turf Moor, Selhurst, Vicarage Lane et al.

Why would broadcasters have any issues at Smellhurst?

D9E4C342-F194-47FA-935F-9D6F36A11FC8.png

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
At their place, only 2 years ago - Knocky's winner. And year before, Glenn's last minute missed equaliser. Both 3pm Saturdays.

Knocky goal was at a lunchtime kickoff wasn’t it? Sure it was a TV game.

The 3-2 defeat the season before at theirs was the last Saturday 3pm game I can remember.

theboybilly

You surely haven't forgot Selhurst's new 'Plug and play' brand spanking new Super Stand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here