Palace game tonight laughably cringworthy !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 14, 2010
I suggest you, my friend, should do the reading. The Charity Shield replaced the ailing Dewar Shield, an annual match played between one professional and one amateur club.
The earliest Charity Shield games were played between the Football League champions and the Southern League champions. A few times they even reverted back to representative matches, Professionals versus Amateurs. Later the modern format of League champions versus FA Cup winners was adopted.
It has never been a match to decide the champions of England. That honour has always fallen to the winners of the Football League, and more recently, the FA Premier League.
Given that the Football League increased, from one single division to two in it`s fifth season (1892/93), and the Southern League first division joined en.bloc to form it`s third division for the 1920/21 season, (Palace were it`s first champions,by the way) your claim that a game involving the Southern League champions would decide the champion club of England is , quite frankly, laughable.
Go and read it up, you will learn something. Sorry once again if I have destroyed your delusions.

Great to see that you understand that history didnt start with Geoff Thomas. Southern League Champions played the then Football League Champions when there were two major leagues. Albion as Southern League Champions won the game to beat Villa as Football League Champions asd were hailed as the best team in all England, and Champions of england. A major trophy and history my friend, something that palace dont have. that is why Albion fight like they did in the York city game, and palace are laughed at when walking through the city

lankygit

Dec 1, 2011
Lincoln
Great to see that you understand that history didnt start with Geoff Thomas. Southern League Champions played the then Football League Champions when there were two major leagues. Albion as Southern League Champions won the game to beat Villa as Football League Champions asd were hailed as the best team in all England, and Champions of england. A major trophy and history my friend, something that palace dont have. that is why Albion fight like they did in the York city game, and palace are laughed at when walking through the city

Yes indeed. I am not arguing that Brighton didn`t beat Villa in 1910, and fair play to the Brighton side of the time too I might add. They were, quite probably, the best team on the day too.
The fact remains that ,as Southern League champions, they were two leagues below Villa, and were not hailed nationally as champions of England. In Brighton they may well have been, but not nationally. The winners of the Charity Shield have never been "hailed" nationally as the country`s champion, officially or otherwise.
I remember similarly deluded scotsmen hailing Scotland as world champions after they had beaten, then World Cup holders, England in the late 60`s. They were not of course. The only people who regarded them as world champions were themselves. You can probably remember that too ?
Hope this info helps.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND

Your a sad Little Man who never goes to Games and it appears didnt even go Today?

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
oh well i'd rather have a packed stadium every week compared to 12,000 empty WOODEN seats. But wait a minute that must mean palace have 12,000 fairweather fans who turn up to watch the premier league teams visit.

They not Fair-weather Fans Dipshit, there fans who support Palace and ONLY Palace, they dont turn up cause there club has Moved to a New stadium, wave some shitty Flags and Act as Brighton fans, they haven't deserted us, they just simply cant afford it which is understandable, and your point for "Wooden Seats" Is? We Couldnt care less, Better than what you lot were used to for past 25 years, i would rather have 14,000 every week than a packed house full of Plastics who need Lyrics to songs on an HD Screen to help them settle in to there 2nd club, not to mention a fire drill with 10 to go. :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They not Fair-weather Fans Dipshit, there fans who support Palace and ONLY Palace, they dont turn up cause there club has Moved to a New stadium, wave some shitty Flags and Act as Brighton fans, they haven't deserted us, they just simply cant afford it which is understandable, and your point for "Wooden Seats" Is? We Couldnt care less, Better than what you lot were used to for past 25 years, i would rather have 14,000 every week than a packed house full of Plastics who need Lyrics to songs on an HD Screen to help them settle in to there 2nd club, not to mention a fire drill with 10 to go. :lolol:

But you don't get 14k without the Groupon deals though do you? You're lucky to get 12k at your prehistoric shit hole of a ground! :lolol: and a thousand or so of those are away fans. :lolol: Football is moving on, grounds like Shithurst belong in museums. Health and safety hazards they are.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I don't think you've made any useful contributions to this discussion, unlike your fellow Palace fan Lanky whatever. He had at least used some form of reasonably coherent language and argument. You simply don't like us so you spout nonsense.

Jealousy from a rival is always heartening i may add, your posts are infused with it.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bitter bitter palace, you've had your big result this season now you're sliding back down the table, no win in 5 league games is it?

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
But you don't get 14k without the Groupon deals though do you? You're lucky to get 12k at your prehistoric shit hole of a ground! :lolol: and a thousand or so of those are away fans. :lolol: Football is moving on, grounds like Shithurst belong in museums. Health and safety hazards they are.

Its Quite Amusing to Know that all you Weeds can come up with is 1.) Our Administration 2.) Attendances and our Stadium, and in all Honesty We couldnt give a damn Wait till we revamp Crystal Palace park, Oh Yh 1-3 at Shitty Shamex.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Bitter bitter palace, you've had your big result this season now you're sliding back down the table, no win in 5 league games is it?

Which one was that then? The humiliation of you or beating the English champions on their own pitch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Its Quite Amusing to Know that all you Weeds can come up with is 1.) Our Administration 2.) Attendances and our Stadium, and in all Honesty We couldnt give a damn Wait till we revamp Crystal Palace park, Oh Yh 1-3 at Shitty Shamex.

Do come back when you've got over the 30 point mark. We don't deal in small time clubs on here.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
:facepalm: These lot are Getting More Hilarious by the minute.

Do you have nothing better to do with your life than to go on a Brighton message board and write loads of cliches?
Ah well, back to school on Monday eh? Maybe they'll teach you how to use your/you're correctly and to not put random capitals on words mid-sentence.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Prove it, all defenders make mistake, You Struggled against Paddy when we were at the Shamex so.......
Mate, its virtually every week. Your team has done really well, Williams and Parr look excellent, Zaha is reasonable, but McCarthy is costing you points. Take the blue and red glasses off and look who is giving away the penalties and og's, I think you'll be surprised if you look at the stats!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports