Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I personally didnt hear them sing a thing until they scored the penalty !!!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The truth is Palace fans have been good for years now. There has been some incredibly ignorant drivel posted on the subject on here, but both home and away during their struggles they have good songs and make a lot of noise (apart from when thyey're 3-0 down to us and let's face it, who would in that situation). Other Championship clubs think they have loud fans, that is all you need to know, and an average of 18k is nothing to be ashamed about.

There has been an equal lot of crap spouted by their fans about us. We were never as bad as the 7k turning up at Withdean, they were exceptional circumstances, and an atmosphere was nigh on impossible there. Away was always better. But the current figure of 30,000 includes many thousands of fans who will not join in the singing.

Throughout the last 35 years I have always believed that Palace and Brighton had roughly similar fan bases, and nothing has happened of late to change my view on that. If anything I think their fans are louder at the moment, mainly because they have better songs and everyone sings them.

Turning up to sing when your club is in the two 2 divisions splashing the cash = easy

Turning up when your club needs you = Brighton

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Come on Dougie. If a Brighton fan can't be upset at a palace fan on this day of all days, then when can he? Give the guy a break!

Yeah I appreciate that but I thought me and trig had a mutual respect going on :down:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

exactly, the atmosphere was shit from both sides...maybe the always ultras couldnt get a ticket, what with all the lapsed( plastic) wankers crawling out of the woodwork.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Is this thread the beginning of an Albion Palace love-in:wrong:

Never.

We hate you, you hate us, and I really do hate Brighton.

But I do as much as it pains me I have a tiny bit of respect for Brighton ( well not much at the moment with all that madness you have had this month ) and how your true fans have stuck by you and Bloom who is as real a fan as our owners, a good setup and a wonderful ground, and I'm glad in a way that you have turned it all around, and we can play you on a relative even level. that's what makes football so wonderful.

I think Brighton (as much as you won't admit it ) must have a bit of respect for us for the way we support our team also.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
exactly, the atmosphere was shit from both sides...maybe the always ultras couldnt get a ticket, what with all the lapsed( plastic) wankers crawling out of the woodwork.

The ultras or holmesdale fanatics had 500 tickets and were all together behind the goal, they sang non stop for 120 minutes but a combination of strange acoustics and the insistence of singing "we are the boys from se25 for what seemed like an hour didn't help, however they did get the whole crowd to join in with a few songs and some others started generically as they always used to before "the drum" full marks to them for giving it a go they have had a large impact on our atmosphere home and away.
Watford on the other hand I honestly heard 3 times it was a very poor show from them.

Last edited:

The truth is Palace fans have been good for years now. There has been some incredibly ignorant drivel posted on the subject on here, but both home and away during their struggles they have good songs and make a lot of noise (apart from when thyey're 3-0 down to us and let's face it, who would in that situation). Other Championship clubs think they have loud fans, that is all you need to know, and an average of 18k is nothing to be ashamed about.

There has been an equal lot of crap spouted by their fans about us. We were never as bad as the 7k turning up at Withdean, they were exceptional circumstances, and an atmosphere was nigh on impossible there. Away was always better. But the current figure of 30,000 includes many thousands of fans who will not join in the singing.

Throughout the last 35 years I have always believed that Palace and Brighton had roughly similar fan bases, and nothing has happened of late to change my view on that. If anything I think their fans are louder at the moment, mainly because they have better songs and everyone sings them.

Believe the myth if you want - but that's what it is.

Palace averaged under 16k "home fans" at Selhurst this season which is woeful for a Club hardly ever out of the top six all season and with 6 million people living within 15 miles radius of the ground. Truly woeful.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Who cares?

I personally saw the Palace fan (grown man) in a half & half scarf on the Football League show just after the pen -:D. Anyone got the picture as I need a new avatar.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London

Palace averaged under 16k "home fans" at Selhurst this season which is woeful for a Club hardly ever out of the top six all season and with 6 million people living within 15 miles radius of the ground. Truly woeful.

And we still got promoted! :D Happy days.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I personally saw the Palace fan (grown man) in a half & half scarf on the Football League show just after the pen -:D. Anyone got the picture as I need a new avatar.

424701_10151636429961140_120503061_n.jpg

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

Yes major but we can afford to have a vastly inferior attendance to you now.
Personally I would have been happy with 16k at wembley if it had kept some if the day trippers and utter morons away.

I don't like to admit it but I thought Palace fans were first class yesterday. All in unison and very loud. Mind you I still don't like the Play-Offs.

Shame there was so many day trippers there,bet we are back to 16,000 crowds for the likes of Stoke,Cardiff e.t.c even though I can't go regularly as I live in the States now still pisses me off to know there's so called Palace fans who could get tickets instead of me,took the shine off the Win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here