Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans view of last nights policing

Feb 14, 2010
Why would the police hold a bunch of spotty teenagers in football shirts? To justify overtime perhaps? We only had 2000 season up there all season ticket holders and so its all a bit odd

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Quote: ''the team we have deserve to go down in the history books'' :laugh:

What as? this centuries ugliest kick and rush outfit? :ffsparr:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why would the police hold a bunch of spotty teenagers in football shirts? To justify overtime perhaps? We only had 2000 season up there all season ticket holders and so its all a bit odd

They don't wear footie shirts. Black anarchist style hoodies are de rigeur for these fans.

As funny as it is there is something quite sinister about this. They were all handed Section 60s which gives the police all sorts of powers, deliberately held back for no reason other than to disrupt their harmless display and pee them off. They've NEVER been involved in organised footie violence as far as I know yet they're treated like some modern day F Troop.

I think they're slightly ridiculous but (and I've said it before) they are being harassed regularly and it doesn't augur well for the rest of us fans, the way the police are acting.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They don't wear footie shirts. Black are de rigeur for these fans.

I can't help but picture this when I think of them :lol:

gay-bikers.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

None had football shirts, they wear ALL BLACK as part of a bizarre coordinated dressing up game...they caused issues on an away coach the week before & at virtually the same junction against us in December (where their 'top' guy got poleaxed) and then are surprised when they get a little attention from the old bill

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now I know why that flying eagle display was not on the pitch last night, held up by the police on the way to the ground.

The eagle was spooked by all the inflatable seagulls in the away section :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So as they all dress in black I assume they are copying some Italian type Ultras thing ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So as they all dress in black I assume they are copying some Italian type Ultras thing ?

Correct. They are a pretty sorry embarrassment to be honest, but that doesn't give the police the right to play stupid games with them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently there was 1 policeman for every 63 fans, last night.

Thank god it didn't get excessive.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Another reason why there's so much anger towards the Met from our fans.
To be kettled for 45 mins or so, for no reason, then let go minutes before kick off is to my mind, victimisation to this group.
Why should the police be able to get away with unreasonable behaviour ?
I know the FSF are looking into this and maybe taking matters further.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another reason why there's so much anger towards the Met from our fans.
To be kettled for 45 mins or so, for no reason, then let go minutes before kick off is to my mind, victimisation to this group.
Why should the police be able to get away with unreasonable behaviour ?
I know the FSF are looking into this and maybe taking matters further.

Good. So they should be. Completely unacceptable.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
You're talking about the Met... they've always been like this.. I did think that they only behaved like this to Brighton fans, apparently not

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never thought I would post this but what happened to them is completely unacceptable if all, in effect they are, are true CPFC fans that just dress another way and have no links to any football violence.

You could say the South Yorkshire police could have kettled and held all BHAFC fans at Leeds just for wearing fancy dress as there is no difference.

If I were them I would ask the club to assist on this, complete bollox from the Met to behave like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here