Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace fans: ruining the night for their own

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's enough for now - I'm going to bed.

I have massive sympathy for all decent Palace fans caught up in this tonight. Like all of us, they just wanted to go to a game of football and support their team. Because of the actions of their peers they were denied that chance. Worse still, some of their own fans were injured and a Palace steward is in hospital.

Absolutely shameful, but it seems many Palace fans have been predicting it.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Its not really worth the hassle is it.

If we are both playing in the same division next season, then I'd be all in favour of a complete away fan ban. Just cannot be arsed with all this shit, it really just IS NOT worth it. I don't want these cretins anywhere near the Amex next season. By many accounts on the BBS, many of their "decent" fans have had a proper shit time of it as well tonight, some not even able to get into the ground thanks to the actions of some utter, utter fvcktards in their numbers.

Bollocks to it. Ban Palace fans from the Amex. They can reciprocate for Selhurst, its a shit day out anyway. Make do with beambacks and keep that filth off our streets and away from our stadium.

I was thinking that way before the game. Convinced now.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Before the game I was stuck behind palace fans getting kettled by police. It was the usual mix of a few mouthy idiots and a lot of people just trying to get to the game. They were greeted at the stadium by a large group of our fans who, rather than watch the match, decided to wait for the palace fans to have a go at them. These (mostly blokes aged 35+) need to have a look at themselves. They were a pathetic bunch of knuckle dragging hooligan wannabes; happy to gesture and threaten others when they know there is no chance of the police letting them within 20 yards of each other. The behaviour of some palace last night was pathetic but unfortunately we had our own compliment of bellends.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's enough for now - I'm going to bed.

I have massive sympathy for all decent Palace fans caught up in this tonight. Like all of us, they just wanted to go to a game of football and support their team. Because of the actions of their peers they were denied that chance. Worse still, some of their own fans were injured and a Palace steward is in hospital.

Absolutely shameful, but it seems many Palace fans have been predicting it.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If we are both playing in the same division next season, then I'd be all in favour of a complete away fan ban. Just cannot be arsed with all this shit, it really just IS NOT worth it. I don't want these cretins anywhere near the Amex next season. By many accounts on the BBS, many of their "decent" fans have had a proper shit time of it as well tonight, some not even able to get into the ground thanks to the actions of some utter, utter fvcktards in their numbers.

Bollocks to it. Ban Palace fans from the Amex. They can reciprocate for Selhurst, its a shit day out anyway. Make do with beambacks and keep that filth off our streets and away from our stadium.

Absolutely this. The number of people I saw last night who said 'I hate this fixture' (Hi, Dave S - long time, etc) is beyond memory. I have done my last trip to shithole park. If we have to play this shower again next season I may give the home game a miss too. Crap football and a sea of teenage and geriatric numpties. No, ta. Too old for this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely this. The number of people I saw last night who said 'I hate this fixture' (Hi, Dave S - long time, etc) is beyond memory. I have done my last trip to shithole park. If we have to play this shower again next season I may give the home game a miss too. Crap football and a sea of teenage and geriatric numpties. No, ta. Too old for this.
I'd have to be paid at £20 per hour minimum ( kettling at time and a half ) to suffer the Selhurst Griefhole again.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Football has got itself in a mess when it talks up the "atmosphere" that this bunch creates. Have grounds become so quiet and lacking passion that we feel the need to pander to this lot? I read on Twitter last night about how Palace allow block bookings for this group to ensure "atmosphere". Not quite sure how that would work, but the reality is that they are then responsible for bumping their ticketless mates into the ground, forcing their way to their chosen part of the ground, pushing away whoever is already there, or who has tickets for those seats, leaving genuine fans (and I do REALLY feel for them) stood outside tickets and ID in hand, oh and injure their own with their stupid fireworks, not to mention the injuries to the Palace Stewards manning the away entrance.

Honestly, if football (and by that, today, I mean Palace, and specifically Parish) continues to encourage this mob rather than root them out and ban them, then I completely despair of where the game is going. We think we've moved on from this sort of rabble, and left it in the 1980's; so FFS stop pandering to them because from the safe and comfortable seating in the directors suite, or the media section "it all adds a bit of colour and atmosphere to the evening". It doesn't, it's ruining the experience for the genuine fans that we want to be at these games.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sums it up for me. Won't miss the game but it was thoroughly unenjoyable. And before we get too pious, you can be sure some of our brain dead morons are scouring the internet for pyro suppliers as we speak "coz it looked well cool".

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Absolutely agree with this. Lets make both games "home fans only". Only sensible decision.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
They are absolute cretins no doubt but the ultimate blame lies with Parish he is the master cretin and should be held accountable for not just allowing HF's antics but encouraging them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Football has got itself in a mess when it talks up the "atmosphere" that this bunch creates. Have grounds become so quiet and lacking passion that we feel the need to pander to this lot? I read on Twitter last night about how Palace allow block bookings for this group to ensure "atmosphere". Not quite sure how that would work, but the reality is that they are then responsible for bumping their ticketless mates into the ground, forcing their way to their chosen part of the ground, pushing away whoever is already there, or who has tickets for those seats, leaving genuine fans (and I do REALLY feel for them) stood outside tickets and ID in hand, oh and injure their own with their stupid fireworks, not to mention the injuries to the Palace Stewards manning the away entrance.

Honestly, if football (and by that, today, I mean Palace, and specifically Parish) continues to encourage this mob rather than root them out and ban them, then I completely despair of where the game is going. We think we've moved on from this sort of rabble, and left it in the 1980's; so FFS stop pandering to them because from the safe and comfortable seating in the directors suite, or the media section "it all adds a bit of colour and atmosphere to the evening". It doesn't, it's ruining the experience for the genuine fans that we want to be at these games.

We all know that Parish will do nothing, probably attempting to shift the blame on The Albion right now. The man, like his football club, has no class whatsoever. Remember Poogate? They (he) have known for a long time that their club was responsible but he doesn't have the class to admit it and offer a full apology. He is partly responsible for what happened last night by encouraging the formation of a group of morons to try and create some atmosphere. Why is it that foppy haired Palace chairmen are all total CJTCs?

The good thing is that Palace fans will now (hopefully) get the Millwall/Leeds treatment wherever they go. Hopefully that means reduced numbers and over zealous policing making their away trips bloody miserable.

Fvcking horrible club from top to bottom!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It doesn't help when Parish's lap dog revels in the HF's reputation

[tweet]935639734361247744[/tweet]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13965044&postcount=326

"This is surely a case of cause and effect?

Some ticketless fans rushed the turnstiles, then in the stadium let off pyro, other fans were then locked out due these actions.

It is all well and good pointing the finger at the Police or the Weed but the reality is, if those 'fans' had not rushed the turnstiles and were not letting off pyro, all the fans with tickets would have got in.

Why should BHAFC be expected to be giving refunds when it is a section of our own idiot supporters which created the issues in the first instance?

The small allocation of tickets is a moot point, Palace could have had 3,000 tickets and due to the demand for this fixture, idiots would have still turned up without tickets.

And yes the Police actions sound OTT for those poor fans stuck outside but again, that was a reaction to the behavior of our own fans. Being walked around for miles in Brighton was inevitable for a fixture of this magnitude - I recall a 45 minute round trip back to my car at SP when we last played them due to that bloody wall!!!

It sounds like our fans were treated in the most disgusting way and it might sound harsh but the only ones IMHO to blame for this situation are a section of our own idiot fans

(and for the record I do not have an agenda against the HF, I think in most cases the atmosphere they create is a positive thing for our club)"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13964997&postcount=306

"Loving the way that the blame is on Brighton's organisation. What the feck is wrong with some people on her? This is NOT socially acceptable behavior in any sense of the word. What's more, these idiots have shown their lack of respect for any fellow Palace fans.

I thought we were ALL the Red and Blue Army but apparently, the HF seems to think we are all part of some anarchic gang.

And who are the ones screaming out for standing to be reintroduced? Well, that ain't gonna happen if people rush the turnstiles as history has tragically proven.

Just piss off, you brats! Go join a choir if you are only interested in getting together for a drunken sing song. You are a disgrace and the real football fans at Palace don't need you!"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13964934&postcount=281

"Last night the whole end were singing and making a lot of noise until a smoke bomb over the heads of our fans followed by the HF taking over the posistion behind the goal by kicking our fans out of their seats and then letting off bangers. From that point on the atmosphere died you couldn’t hear them as there were only about 50 of them and the rest of us stopped singing. It was not till nearer the end that things got going again with the rest of the fans.

I think the time has come for the club to seriously look at the advantages they give this group because they do not do what they do in my name.."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here