Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan in peace re Brighton marathon fatality

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
As a long term Palace inhabitant of NSC I just want to say thank you for your kind words.

Certain events render our rivalry totally irrelivant, and this is one of them.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
When I finished on Sunday, I was feeling great, absolutely over the moon that it was all done. The crowds were out, the sun was shining, and it seemed like a perfect day. Then I heard about Sam. Obviously I didn't know him, but to hear that somebody didn't make it home, particularly someone a few years younger than me, was such a sad end to the day.

Sam: wherever you're running right now, may your feet be blister-free and your times always a personal best. I hope your family can take some miniscule crumb of comfort in knowing that your efforts have done a huge amount of good for others.

Best, most heartfelt and honest post I've read in ages.

It really is a terrible thing to lose someone so young. Will make sure I put some money into the Just Giving.

RIP.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's tragic that someone so young should die like that, so thoughts for his family & friends. It's good to know that his charity will benefit so that they can take some comfort from that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So, so sad. My thoughts are with Sam's family and friends.

RIP

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As a long term Palace inhabitant of NSC I just want to say thank you for your kind words.

Certain events render our rivalry totally irrelivant, and this is one of them.

This.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
RIP Sam.

I lost several friends far too young. I'm now a trustee of the charity set up in memory of one of them. Nearly 30 years after his death, we're still able to help other youngsters get to do the active things that made his life so rich, albeit short.

I hope the money being donated in memory of Sam can equally make a difference.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Over £28k raised on an original target of £500.00. Wow, an unbelievable gesture of condolence.
RIP Sam. Hopefully the charity (and REMF) will give you the credit and praise you deserve.

Lovely thread :)

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
RIP Sam.
Palace fan, football fan, an honest young lad doing his best to help other people less fortunate than himself. Life really is unfair sometimes

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I too know how it feels to lose someone so young and close. As cliche as it sounds, time really is a healer of sorts. Thoughts go out to all Sam's family and friends.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A shame channel four didn't make any mention of the tragedy, unless I missed it.

I passed through after it happened and had no idea about it until after I finished the race.

Very sad.

RIP

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As mentioned above, I did read out the post from here and it was a very moving experience and as I said it puts rivalry into perspective.

Many thanks to all those who came up to me afterwards to get the just giving page, hopefully it will bolster the fund.

Dave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here