palace deal is done

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm so bored with this story, can't you Palace fans design your own fans website and bugger off there please e.g. www.we'realwaysgoingintoadministrationbuthonestlywecouldgobustthistime.com

You're always on NSC and I'm all for a bit of banter but really, it's as if you're closet BHA you lot spend so much time on here.

It wasn't as if it was ever going to happen was it ???:drama:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
the secured creditor of the club agilo who have the players contracts and put us into administration..

As it their right when you owe them loads of money.

It's a bit like a credit card, when you borrow money you do have to pay it back at some point...

... or apparently not.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I'm so bored with this story, can't you Palace fans design your own fans website and bugger off there please e.g. www.we'realwaysgoingintoadministrationbuthonestlywecouldgobustthistime.com

You're always on NSC and I'm all for a bit of banter but really, it's as if you're closet BHA you lot spend so much time on here.

It wasn't as if it was ever going to happen was it ???:drama:

Ok, we'll do a deal. We'll stop coming on here if your supporters stop coming on the BBS bleating on about :falmer:

All relative, you'd of missed us if we'd been liquidated.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Well,I'm glad they're still here,though like many I'm uncomfortable with clubs going into admin,paying next to bugger all,and with one bound being free.

I think it's good that clubs are put in a position to recover,but it should always be in League Two,or lower for League Two teams,and that historical debt should be repaid before transfers.

It just seems that bankrupt football companies,and here I mean clubs,get indebted,"cheat" the Revenue (us) and all the firms that have worked with them,and more or less get away with it.

I'm pleased for our friends from the north,genuinely I am..........but something's not right.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Congrats, glad you did'nt die, of course now I'm hoping for a swift fall through the leagues starting with us passing each other on the way up/down next season!

It does feel GREAT to continue the hatred....I do f***ing hate Chrystal Palarse!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play and whilst people get shafted in these instances it isn't the fans fault and the nuts and bolts of it are that fans are the club.
True, it isn't the fans 'fault', but as has been pointed out above CPFC010 is taking over from CPFC2000. In other words it's taken them a mere 10 years to get from a clean bill of health to insolvency (again). They did this by spending money that wasn't theirs on players they couldn't afford.

Think back to the day they beat us 5-0. That was during this period and we now know they did it because they were throwing money around like there was no tomorrow. It sounds counter-intuitive but they beat us because they were a worse run-club than us with delusions of granduer. Do you think their fans gave a toss? Do you think any of them said "Can we afford these players that have just thrashed well-run, carefully-managed Brighton?" No. They revelled in it - and fair enough. As has been pointed out it they simply sat back and enjoyed it and assumed that the people who were running their club knew what they were doing. And as I've said before, no fans ever criticise their chairman for spending too much.

I think I'll only accept Palace's death and seamless re-birth, still as a Championship club, if that result is expunged from the record.

And will we be having this conversation in another ten years? Or can we trust CPFC2010 to be a little bit more realistic?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The question is, which model will Palace now adopt ? The Leeds 'Too bad Creditors but now we have screwed you over we'll spend a fortune on new players' plan or the Stockport 'We will have a fire sale and end up getting relegated' plan ? I have a feeling I know which it'll be.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The question is, which model will Palace now adopt ? The Leeds 'Too bad Creditors but now we have screwed you over we'll spend a fortune on new players' plan or the Stockport 'We will have a fire sale and end up getting relegated' plan ? I have a feeling I know which it'll be.
Indeed. There is this assumption that they'll get relegated next season, maybe even then struggle in League One as the new owners, learning the lessons of the last ten years, attempt to live within their means.

That's one scenario of course. But I agree with you inasmuch as I think CPFC2010 will continue pretty much where CPFC2000 left off. And if it doesn't work, well maybe CPFC2020 (or even CPFC2015) will have better luck.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Indeed. There is this assumption that they'll get relegated next season, maybe even then struggle in League One as the new owners, learning the lessons of the last ten years, attempt to live within their means.

That's one scenario of course. But I agree with you inasmuch as I think CPFC2010 will continue pretty much where CPFC2000 left off. And if it doesn't work, well maybe CPFC2020 (or even CPFC2015) will have better luck.

And thus Administration makes a complete mockery of prudent business practice whether it's a football club or any other organisation. It's just that football teams are a bit more high profile than ACME Dodgy Products PLC (even Palarse :eek:)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Lots of "thanks" in there but not one apology to the creditors or the club that they have kept out of The Championship by cheating.

Since this appears to be a habit, let's all do this again in about ten years shall we? (or less).

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ad at the top of the page is superbly appropriate :

Company Recovery :

We assist the Directors of insolvent UK SMEs negotiate & implement company recovery plans.

The Enterprise Act 2002 introduced new legislation emphasising company recovery to protect employment. Recovery of a viable core business is now often possible by effectively writing-off unsecured debt (including VAT, PAYE & tax arrears as s251) & releasing it from onerous agreements. If a recovery is not viable the Directors may wish to declare a voluntary liquidation.

Click on the links below to find out more about:

This is what really pisses me off, I pay my tax's yet clubs seem to stick to fingers up to the revenue because in administration they effectively don't have too. The revenue should have first dibs and should be paid in full!!!:rant:

Glad the Palace are still around, quite frankjly football wouldn't have been the same. However I strongly suspect that leesons won't have been learnt and they'll make a mad dashed rush for the top flight. We'll know doubt have to put up with them coming on here giving it the big I am.
What's the odds that they 'somehow' hold on to some of there better players?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh well. Wait for the dust to settle, and they can start going for the HATTRICK of administrations. That'd be quite a unique achievement wouldn't it ? Although as a business, I'm not sure I'd be falling over myself to extend any credit to that thieving mob.

Lets have a sweepstake. Admin again by, oooh, 2015 ? I'd say its practically guaranteed if they get their token single-season in the top flight again.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells

I understand this viewpoint, but now that the club owns Selhurst Park again I feel that we are on a much better footing than when Simon Jordan bought the club. CPFC2000 were doomed to failure without the ground.

In all honesty I think another relegation battle is likely, even if we get the CVA and avoid a points deduction, (these guys won't be big spenders) but it seems likely there will be several teams picking up deductions this season - fingers crossed that football sorts itself out as I genuinely feel the same as you about our creditors getting stiffed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh well. Wait for the dust to settle, and they can start going for the HATTRICK of administrations. That'd be quite a unique achievement wouldn't it ? Although as a business, I'm not sure I'd be falling over myself to extend any credit to that thieving mob.

Lets have a sweepstake. Admin again by, oooh, 2015 ? I'd say its practically guaranteed if they get their token single-season in the top flight again.

Actually how many clubs have been in Administration twice ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports