Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace awayday recommendations

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm off to Palace this afternoon and wondering if anyone can recommend any prematch culinary / pub / cultural highlights in the vicinity.

On my last visit, I went to a home pub called The Albion (!) and it was rubbish (& hot as I had to keep my jacket zipped up over my Fulham top).

Sensible suggestions are especially welcome.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d suggest a nice pub in Brighton, then get the train straight there and spend as little time in Croydon as possible.

On leaving, dash to the station as fast as you can and on entering your homestead, strip immediately and put all your clothes on a hot wash.

Try to hold your breath and pinch your nose while at the game.

Good luck.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm off to Palace this afternoon and wondering if anyone can recommend any prematch culinary / pub / cultural highlights in the vicinity.

On my last visit, I went to a home pub called The Albion (!) and it was rubbish (& hot as I had to keep my jacket zipped up over my Fulham top).

No.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be very wary of men in black, allegedly they are scary

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’d suggest a nice pub in Brighton, then get the train straight there and spend as little time in Croydon as possible.

On leaving, dash to the station as fast as you can and on entering your homestead, strip immediately and put all your clothes on a hot wash.

Good luck.
Impeccable advice.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

Good luck.
Sage advice Sir.

In.
Do what you have to do.
Out.
Check for signs of Scabies at the earliest opportunity.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I assume you're travelling by train to South Norwood?

There are no pubs worth visiting locally.
Far better to go to London Bridge prematch and get the train to South Norwood afterwards.

Alternatively you could just go a few stops past Norwood Junction to Forest Hill.
Used to live around there and there's a couple of OK pubs close to the station.
10/15 minute train journey back to South Norwood after.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I assume you're travelling by train to South Norwood?

There are no pubs worth visiting locally.
Far better to go to London Bridge prematch and get the train to South Norwood afterwards.

Alternatively you could just go a few stops past Norwood Junction to Forest Hill.
Used to live around there and there's a couple of OK pubs close to the station.
10/15 minute train journey back to South Norwood after.
Thank you @Uh_huh_him . I looked into this but there don't appear to be trains on the London Bridge to Norwood Junction line. I'm heading for a craft beer place in S Norwood.

Attachments

• 20230923_140643.jpg
    20230923_140643.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There’s some nice jerk chicken places along Thornton Heath high street but generally Brighton fans are kettled into and out of the ground so hardly get to sample the delights of the surrounding area.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Should've stayed in Ruislip and watched it on yr mums Sky Glass :wink:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The oval tavern near East croydon is a hidden gem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here