Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace away

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
I suggest you might have had too much drink and were seeing double. The last time we played Palace away was on a Tuesday night (and what a night!) and we had around 2500 as that is all we were allocated. Even in 2002 when we had the whole arthur wait I would suggest there were a shade under 5000.

Apparently, you'll be getting the same allocation (2,500) - suprising really, wouldn't have thought a lot of you will come to us after your dismal performance at the Gaymex.

Jan 30, 2008
apparently, you'll be getting the same allocation (2,500) - suprising really, wouldn't have thought a lot of you will come to us after your dismal performance at the gaymex.
you still playing with yourself while typing with the other hand :whistle:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
So you'd be basically the same as us then?

The thing is, neither Palace nor Brighton have 25,000 die hard fans. In fact, there's only about 10 clubs in the country that do. But so what? Some people have other things in their lives than just football. I go to more games now since we got the Amex than I did for the last few years at Withdean, but less games than I used to at the Goldstone and in the early Withdean years. Does that make me a plastic? No it doesn't. You are always going to get some fans that are more devoted than others, if you didn't it would all be a bit pointless- would you rather see Palace in the Premier League playing in front of 12,000 die-hard fans, or would you rather it was a sellout?

I'd much rather the seats were filled personally, even if that does involve a few hangers-on and people who will dissappear if we start doing badly. It's just the way it works.
2224977_o.gif

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
What's to say that kid wasn't a Liverpool fan being slowly turned to a Brighton fan? Why is he immediately used an example of "plastic" without knowing anything about him? Come Christmas he will no doubt have a Brighton backpack to replace the Liverpool one

You seem to know a lot about the kid, even what he's getting for Christmas. Why don't you enlighten us then? Who's his main team - you lot or Liverpool?

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Come Christmas he will no doubt have a Brighton backpack to replace the Liverpool one

I doubt it. Come Xmas your prob be involved in a relegation battle and the glory hunters from the summer won't want to know...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
this thread :facepalm:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You seem to know a lot about the kid, even what he's getting for Christmas. Why don't you enlighten us then? Who's his main team - you lot or Liverpool?

Yes very good :facepalm: Just highlighting how ridiculous it is to look for that photo as an example of "plastic" fans.

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011
Yes very good :facepalm: Just highlighting how ridiculous it is to look for that photo as an example of "plastic" fans.

What could be a better example than that? Seems pretty clear to me...

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think you'd have got much more if you hadn't been playing half of your plastic fans' real team? :clap::clap:
What , like the 16,000+ crowd we got in the 1st round against Gillingham ?

Yalom

Oct 3, 2011

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
A f***ing disgrace that Eric Cantona didn't get a knighthood for "services to football" that evening.

Never tire of seeing that photo - nice to see comedy legend Chris Morris donning his beige raincoat for this one. Christ, have to say that there's 3 of the thickest looking blokes on the top left of the photo - the one on the far left appears to have left his teeth at home.

So Yalom, in a sample pic of a Palace home crowd roughly 10% don't support them. And that was in the years when you were doing 'well' - the 9-nil defeat to Liverpool obviously not included. In fact the 9-nil away to Liverpool is totally irrelevant, I just like mentioning it.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
So Yalom, in a sample pic of a Palace home crowd roughly 10% don't support them. And that was in the years when you were doing 'well' - the 9-nil defeat to Liverpool obviously not included. In fact the 9-nil away to Liverpool is totally irrelevant, I just like mentioning it.
They are not plastic fans they are Manc. fans in the family end.Do you not see the difference or is a football crowd so new to you lot that it is difficult to understand.
p.s. I have a picture like that it is one of our players tackling one of yours at Selhurst. Now who was it again?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
They are not plastic fans they are Manc. fans in the family end.Do you not see the difference or is a football crowd so new to you lot that it is difficult to understand.
p.s. I have a picture like that it is one of our players tackling one of yours at Selhurst. Now who was it again?

Yeah, why don't you print it you f*cking retard and show everyone on here why it is I personally detest you lot so.

So that was the family end,was it? I'm prepared to be proven wrong, but I don't think it is, I think you're lying. That's the front of your main stand ain't it? Not many kids in your family area are there. Two, to be precise. Unless you're including the mental age of the 3, top left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here