[Albion] Palace away: one point gained or two points dropped?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace away - was it one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
.......and West Ham.......................... and Burnley................

And villa and saints... Until we went down to 10...

First half of this season has been the exact opposite of last. Similar points total but last season lucky not to be 10 points + worse off, this season could/should be 10 points + better off.

What a transformation under GP. Only hope the second half of the season is the complete opposite of last season too......

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Two dropped.

BUT HOW F**KING EXCITING IS OUR FUTURE?!?!

This. Gone are the days when I go to any away match and know we're probably going to get hammered.
Now I feel every time that we can win. Can't believe I said that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
New Brighton fans will say two dropped. The old Brighton in me says point gained because, well, typical Albion ain’t it?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
100% two dropped.

We dominated for 70+ minutes and were one up. How can that be anything but two points dropped?

It's been a recurring theme this season but one that points to a potentially fantastic season next year if we can get our recruitment right in the summer.

If I was a palace fan I'd be mightily relieved at escaping with a point and furious at the team for being so passive, listless and gutless for the vast majority of the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 dropped.

But the 1 man in that 1 man team can do that to anyone.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Graham needed to make the subs he did 5-10 mins earlier, not doing so cost us two points. There were ominous signs we were flagging a bit, on 60 mins we crossed the ball into the box and there was no one there, why? A few mins later we crossed the ball into the box again and there was no one there again, why? On 65 mins bissouma was cramping up due to his lack of game time and needed subbing sooner rather than later, he wasnt, why? on 70 mins zaha got down the left and nearly scored but we got away with it, so we needed Duffy on to double up on him but he brought him on after 77 mins after he's already scored.

I'm not speaking with hindsight we were screaming at him in the pub to give us some help from the bench but he couldn't here us! Why no one in his backroom staff didn't realise too we needed some reinforcements I don't know.

You can't keep up that amount of superb effort and lovely football with the same 11 in a derby game for the whole 90 mins unless you're man city or Liverpool and we arent. Shame but overall it's extremely promising for the future and we will get over it - to be so disappointed when we haven't even lost a game away from home is great progress

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2 Dropped , Palace were turd in the first half and we must punish teams when we're on top like that , won't have had a better chance than last night to bag another 3 points away from home , not even bothered it was Palace , any team who plays like that for 45 minutes deserves a tonking so not a happy bunny today , in all honesty it's the first time the team as a whole frustrated me this season , for some reason the players were just a bit too timid busting a gut to get in the box , strange as we've been very good at filling the box on attacks this season , i guess it's another point on the board but it's becoming a regular theme that we create plenty but score few , a 2.19 Xg away from home is a Man City stat , we must convert these chances , other than that it's superb football to watch .

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'd have taken a draw before kick off, the performance was a bonus.

Amazing what Potter has created in just 210 days. Imagine how good we will be when he has a squad full of his own signings.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
CPFC were no where in this game for 75 mins, should have put the game to bed earlier.

Palace have a habit of getting more points from games than they deserve

Defo 2 pts dropped

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easiest dropped or gained poll of the season, there can be no argument can there?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
2 dropped. We should have buried them.

That said, Last season, we parked the bus for Southampton at home and lost. This year we are dominating every stat going at Palace, Arsenal, Newcastle as well as in Jamie Carraghers words 'making Liverpool hang on'

I'll take that any day of the week. I did say earlier in the year Potter was either a genius or madman. He's a genius. Enjoy him while you can.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
2 dropped.Dominated for most of the match.To have that many shots on target and only get one?:mad:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ordinarily away from home I'd say point gained but this was definitely two dropped, we smashed them and still couldn't win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports