Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace and Bournemouth new dates?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Either Ive got lost in the Wolrd Cup and forgotten PL football but I cannot see a rearranged date for the postponed home match against Palace. Are the clubs waiting to see if these lazy railway workers pull their fingers out and get back to work and stop striking first?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any news on this? I've heard numerous people say they are waiting on the FA Cup but not sure what that really achieves. Reasonable chance that all three progress and therefore the dates that are available are the dates that are available or are they hoping they can slot one in on the fourth round date with less than two weeks notice?

Middlesbrough v Brighton
Bournemouth v Burnley
Palace v Southampton

Jul 7, 2003
Would also assume that being knocked out of the League Cup has opened up a couple of dates.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You would have thought so, but it's two weeks on and no announcement.
It will have but they will be waiting to see what happens in the FA Cup first, still replays before the 5th round?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Bournemouth away is being rumoured as 15th Feb - meaning we would play them twice in 10 days.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is taking a very long time to schedule. Other clubs have mostly played their catch up games, what are we waiting for?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I think the delay is due to the fact that the PL would like to be able to schedule them for PL gameweeks that will be affected by the FA Cup.

For example the quarter final weekend is 18/3. We're at home to United, Palace have City and Bournemouth have Liverpool - if we get knocked out by Liverpool there's a decent chance we could play Palace or Bournemouth that weekend.

I'd anticipate that we may not get much notice for the rearranged fixtures - United's games vs Palace and Leeds were rescheduled with only a couple of weeks notice.

As an aside, we're likely to have a fair few rearranged fixtures. Newcastle away looks vulnerable as we all know, but there's a pretty high chance of the United and City home games needing to be rescheduled due to the FA Cup.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This is taking a very long time to schedule. Other clubs have mostly played their catch up games, what are we waiting for?
As Rd 5 of the cup is midweek I'd say it's almost certain will play one of these games then if we lose to Liverpool (especially as both opponents are out). If we win, then they will need to wait to see how far we go in the comp.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As Rd 5 of the cup is midweek I'd say it's almost certain will play one of these games then if we lose to Liverpool (especially as both opponents are out). If we win, then they will need to wait to see how far we go in the comp.
Good spot - looks obvious we will either be in the 5th round, or play Palace or Bournemouth on 28th Feb or 1st March.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good shout I hadn't realised it was a mid week round. That will be fun!

As both Palace and Bournemouth are out though could we not decide one of them already for another date?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth away is being rumoured as 15th Feb - meaning we would play them twice in 10 days.

Good shout I hadn't realised it was a mid week round. That will be fun!

As both Palace and Bournemouth are out though could we not decide one of them already for another date?

This should work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here