Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace 18th October

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
IMO any true fan would pay £50 for this fixture. But I still believe Palace do ask too much for there games. I get in FOC.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£30 per ticket office

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Croydonbloke said:
IMO any true fan would pay £50 for this fixture.

I don't buy that. You could consider yourself a "True Fan" but have no money, hence would be unable to pay £50. There are a multitude of reasons for not being able to afford £50 for one game.

You could spend £50 on another 3 games, therefore supporting your team 3 times for the same money.

Clubs can obviously charge whatevevr they like, capitalism and all that, but to charge £50 (or even £30) for a football match at this level isn't right.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
silky1 said:
I don't buy that. You could consider yourself a "True Fan" but have no money, hence would be unable to pay £50. There are a multitude of reasons for not being able to afford £50 for one game.

You could spend £50 on another 3 games, therefore supporting your team 3 times for the same money.

Clubs can obviously charge whatevevr they like, capitalism and all that, but to charge £50 (or even £30) for a football match at this level isn't right.
Silky. I agree with you reasons for not spending £50 on a football match, but it was just an example of how big this game is to both sets of fans nothing more than that.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
Silky. I agree with you reasons for not spending £50 on a football match, but it was just an example of how big this game is to both sets of fans nothing more than that.

Not me blokie!!!

:dunce:

aaah edit function used!!

Last edited:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Croydonbloke said:

Fair enough. I bet you've just got slighlty better memories of the meetings than I have (I've only been to one Albion v Palace game, I think you can guess which!)
:(

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Perry Milkins said:
Here we go again...shouldn't you be at some Palace open day for youth casuals Bri?

Have your piccie taken with the 'boys' and all that. Take a penalty against the goalie in his grey jammies!

:wave:
What is your problem buddy? Jealous of the youth now you're an old git?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Here we go again...shouldn't you be at some Palace open day for youth casuals Bri?

Have your piccie taken with the 'boys' and all that. Take a penalty against the goalie in his grey jammies!

:wave:

to be fair kiraly is a bit of a flair keeper. shame he plays for palace

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
silky1 said:
Fair enough. I bet you've just got slighlty better memories of the meetings than I have (I've only been to one Albion v Palace game, I think you can guess which!)
:(
0-0 I suppose. But 5-0 Is a better guess :clap2:

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Screwing the fans again.
Yes,yes it's a big game,but,
IT'S A BLOODY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!
Not the Champions league etc.
Brighton have more reason than anybody to charge more than they do but don't.
£30 to visit a sh*t part of the world and sit in a sh*t stadium.
No thanks.
If more people said stuff it then clubs would not charge so much.
Why do you think Chelsea were charging so much even before the Russian came along when they were not the best team in England.
BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE WERE ENOUGH FOOLS WHO WILL PAY THE PRICES.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:shootself

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
HAMPSHIRE DAVE said:
Screwing the fans again.
Yes,yes it's a big game,but,
IT'S A BLOODY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!
Not the Champions league etc.
Brighton have more reason than anybody to charge more than they do but don't.
£30 to visit a sh*t part of the world and sit in a sh*t stadium.
No thanks.
If more people said stuff it then clubs would not charge so much.
Why do you think Chelsea were charging so much even before the Russian came along when they were not the best team in England.
BECAUSE THEY KNOW THERE WERE ENOUGH FOOLS WHO WILL PAY THE PRICES.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:shootself

So you're not going then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here