[Football] Palace 0 - 3 Chelsea

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
November 4th 1984 although I believe Simster may have underestimated the crowd which was in fact a massive 7,674.

E71pg2d.png

We weren't discussing WIMBLEDON'S attendances were we??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Correct. The home game was 24th Feb 1985. You lost 5-0.
Yep, 0-5 and 4,005.

Putting that into context, that is fewer Palace fans (2,500 fewer) than Albion fans who last saw us lose 5-0 at Selhurst.

It's why you really can't take the Nigels seriously when they talk about our plastic support. A bit like when they talk about us leaving early as if they don't do it.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's a shame when the trolls don't quite grasp the point of a thread and rattle out the same old lines. :lol: It's like dealing with your younger, thicker brother...

Possibly........although, don't they tend to deal with their relatives in a rather more coarse and intimate fashion?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Are you stupid?

Once again: I'm saying that right across football fans leave early, Brighton included. However, the way some Palace fans were pointing and laughing at Albion fans, we were led to believe that Palace and Selhurst Park were immune to this. I was impressed as I've seen early leavers everywhere. However, it seems as though Palace fans also leave early and in their thousands. Who knew?

No but I'm not the one wearing the jimmy Saville wig on the Bbs

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The home game v Wimbledon that season was 24.02.1985

The plucky Palace 4,000 were in for a treat, as The Crazy Gang knocked in FIVE answered goals.

Looking at records for London Heathrow....

The pressure on 24th Feb 1985 was roughly 1030mb.

Zero precipitation was reported that day.

The Max temperature was a balmy 14C, with a minimum of 2C.

So, with a large diurnal range, no rain, under high pressure, it looks like a sunny day with frost at night.

In fact this is the synoptic setup that day. Looks a lovely day for footy.

Rrea00119850224.gif

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Busy moving today but:

1979, Burnley at home 51700
1984, Wimbledon at home 4005

Both in division two.

Proper armchairs that lot.

One off games yes..
Average over say ...20 or 30 years maybe BHA & palace..
Or shall we dig out the 1,000 odd you had in the Johnson paint trophy or whatever it's called..
We are going round in circles are we not ?
Let's try league placing and time spent in each division over a period of time.
I'll let you choose the time span

One off games yes..
Average over say ...20 or 30 years maybe BHA & palace..
Or shall we dig out the 1,000 odd you had in the Johnson paint trophy or whatever it's called..
We are going round in circles are we not ?
Let's try league placing and time spent in each division over a period of time.
I'll let you choose the time span

Sadly your history only goes back to 2010 so there's not much to chose from.

Have a wonderful day whatever you're doing.
xx

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Still turned up at the Amex and beat Bha in the Championship play play off's on the way to Wembley glory not bad for a little club with no history eh:whistle:

Does littlehampton eagle refer to where you live or the fact you've got a little hampton ?? I suspect it's the latter ..........

albionite

May 20, 2009
You can bleat on and on about attendances all you like but I'd take the glory of beating you 2-0 in the play off semi's any time
a game of such magnitude and ya blew it:amex: Where Palace dreams come true:bowdown:

Yet you spend most of your time on our forum and live far away from Croydon. Why is that? As I find it very strange and just being a gimp doesn't cover it.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
You can bleat on and on about attendances all you like but I'd take the glory of beating you 2-0 in the play off semi's any time
a game of such magnitude and ya blew it:amex: Where Palace dreams come true:bowdown:

At least our players on that day had been paid for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every thread ends in the CPFC2010 trolls getting absolutely ruined and turning to 'we beat you 2-0 in the play offs' :lol: (That's 2 - two - nil - the same as the admin cheats score ironically...)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let's all just accept and agree that BHA is a proper football club doing things the right way and CPFC2010 or their previous name of CPFC don't come close... That way we can all move on. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports