Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Pakistan v England Second Test Match Dubai 22nd - 26th October 2015

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The youngsters are certainly getting a lot of experience batting with Bell in the team!

:)
Cook is, as is Root. Root's age is young, but he's no youngster in terms of experience and what he's achieved. The rest will benefit from Bell's presence. This is just my view, although the selectors seem to share it. For the moment at least.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bell is 33 years old and he's been out of form more often than not. The end is nigh!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:)
Cook is, as is Root. Root's age is young, but he's no youngster in terms of experience and what he's achieved. The rest will benefit from Bell's presence. This is just my view, although the selectors seem to share it. For the moment at least.

Had Butler's form not collapsed, would have been interesting the pressure Bairstow would have exerted for inclusion over Bell. As it is, Bairstow has done so well with the gloves, he's nailed down that spot for now.

There isn't anyone actually banging the door down for Bell's spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor given a go though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Had Butler's form not collapsed, would have been interesting the pressure Bairstow would have exerted for inclusion over Bell. As it is, Bairstow has done so well with the gloves, he's nailed down that spot for now.

There isn't anyone actually banging the door down for Bell's spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor given a go though.

Not that I know enough about emerging talent, Taylor is the one I've always thought had the talent and temperant for test cricket. So with you all the way on this.

ps what age group do you coach on Sat mornings, and at which club?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Bell has to go and probably will unless he gets a Century second dig, which doesn't seem at all likely.

That bloke that smeared the ball to all parts at Horsham this summer looks like he can play a bit, why not give him a go?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not that I know enough about emerging talent, Taylor is the one I've always thought had the talent and temperant for test cricket. So with you all the way on this.

ps what age group do you coach on Sat mornings, and at which club?

Fishersgate Flyer U10's and I've just started the U6's for this season.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the time has come for a hamstring twinge which needs a spot of physio in the middle

That would be terribly poor sportsmanship. Pakistan would never resort to such skullduggery.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whichever way this goes - another excellent 5th day.

Agree, but this only goes to show how rare excellent fifth days are in Test cricket these days. OK, that might not be the case in Asia/the Middle East, but that last series in England was really poor because it was just too short. Five tests and probably less than 15 days cricket.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"I'll get you for this, Buttler!"

If only our hapless keeper could have occupied the crease for 30 mins more in the match. ****ing useless ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here