Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Packing for your holiday ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When would you start packing for a holiday in Europe on September 2nd ?

Mrs Q has started tonight.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
September 1st. 20 minute job.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
We fly September 8th. Will be packing mainly the night before, but doing the odd few last bits in the morning - don't fly until 5pm. I don't understand packing so early. Unless you have SO many clothes- If I packed now I wouldn't have anything to wear for a month!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We go Tuesday and the cases are out in the spare room with piles of ironing to be done! Although just bought snorkels, beach shoes etc…which may be a tad heavy!

Started getting stuff together for November Canary Islands cruise and digging out Caribbean shirts etc for January cruise!

:D:D::D

Can now go outside school holidays for half the price.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We go Tuesday and the cases are out in the spare room with piles of ironing to be done! Although just bought snorkels, beach shoes etc…which may be a tad heavy!

Started getting stuff together for November Canary Islands cruise and digging out Caribbean shirts etc for January cruise!

:D:D::

Can now go outside school holidays for half the price.

You retirees….what a life..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Toothbrush
Clean knickers
Spare t-shirt.
Sun glasses
Sun cream
Money
Passport
Tickets

30 second job

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have a huge list and it freaks me out if I haven't ticked everything off as it goes in the case.
My Mrs is usually just starting to pack 10 minutes before we need to set off to the airport.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1st Sept.
But gathering paperwork a few days beforehand.

We don't have spare bedrooms. I know people who do, where (always the wife) packing starts many weeks beforehand, in the spare room. [Info from husbands mentioning about unnecessary stress levels at home in the build up.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I normally make sure I have all the paperwork in order a couple of weeks beforehand ( tickets, dog health check appointment- cheers Brexit, insurance etc) and then my wife had my packing “options” on my bed ready to select from the night before we leave. Even managed a home haircut from Miss SSB in the garden 6am before we left the house at 7am this year 👍.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Half your luggage
Double your spending money
Job done.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Us women have to start packing early to see if last years clothes still fit, and either buy new, or try to lose a few pounds before now and departure.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
When would you start packing for a holiday in Europe on September 2nd ?

Mrs Q has started tonight.

I go on holiday on the 2nd September too. After reading your post, I’ve got my case out, I’ll write my ‘holiday clothes’ list out later. I’m glad I’m not the only one that likes to start packing early!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here