Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pack your own box and counter attack quickly...

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Our game under RDZ is all about that risk though. Last night's issue was the midfield either getting muscled off the ball too easily or giving it away cheaply which put the makeshift defence under immense pressure straight away. Mitoma was guilty of this plenty of times and it led to the third goal. He should've been hooked after 60mins. Pedro was the same with all his flicks. I think there were five that gave the ball straight back to AEK in an attacking position. But that's our game and now it's about cutting out those mistakes when we play teams like this or making sure we get the first goal.

And I'm not giving the defence a free pass here, they have to take responsibility for the two set pieces, but it was Igor's first game, JPVH is still very much learning his game. I'm not that surprised we lost, disappointed big time, but Dunk is such an essential part to our game at the moment.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
luckliy teams at home will largely feel the need to come at us, which is ideal. We are superb away from home

Its only really the bottom half of the prem that will turn up and sit in.

On top of that we will get better at it, and work out a way to break sides down.

If you go a gaol down against anyone it gets bloody hard work

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Risk vs reward. We are where we are because yes there are risks within our style, but you’re more often rewarded for it. We play attacking football, we play with courage, we play with many players in the attacking third. This equals more goals and therefor likely more wins than if you sit back and play cautiously. We knew this from day one. Difficult to have it both ways. At 2-2 last night maybe we should have been a little less attack minded, but we all wanted the win.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Tho it's absolutely tremendous to - YES!! - Pose A Threat In The Final Third, and the midfield seems to be coping fairly well with the loss of Macca and Caicedo, our Achilles Heel is clearly now in defence. Colwill would 'of' set us up with a solid base for the next ten years, but sadly it wasn't to be. Dunk 2.0 has yet to be signed
It took Dunk many years to add reliability to his game. The talk used to be about him always having a mistake in him. I really like VH and think he is that Dunk mark 2.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Much talk about Pedro's flicks ceding possession.

I also thought Van Hecke, Mitoma, Estupinan, Fati repeatedly passed to AEK when under little pressure, triggering dangerous counter attacks.
Thought Mitoma was particularly sub-par 2nd half (not much idea what he was like 1st half, was way too far away). OK AEK sometimes had 2 players on him, tho sometimes they didn't. He never seemed to get quite to the byeline, never seemed to quite get the ball beyond their switched-on keeper.

Oh no!!
Anyway...
Sunday will be different :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
= 3 points to them.

West Ham and AEK knew it.

We might be in bother if teams decide to play that way when they are at home. I wonder if RDZ will ever consider tweaking his possession game, because it's not a secret anymore that this is the way to win if your team can defend and attack with speed.
It's what Newcastle would've done also if they'd got the first goal in that initial 10 minute blitzkrieg.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Two of the goals by Eek! Athens were absolute flukes when you look closely at them, deflections, rebounds and miskicks galore.
Two were indeed. It frustrated me that we couldn't just take more shots - in those conditions their nervy keeper could easily have spilled a few. One too many passes much of the game, but not Pedro's one when he didn't see Mitoma 🤦‍♂️.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fully expecting b'muff to park the bus sunday
Question is: Will we then struggle to break them down?

The first goal is vital, if we get it they have to come out and press us, then we are laughing.

If they get it, they continue to sit back and find the gaps.

If it happens again does it constitute a concerning pattern?

Shorehamseagull

Dec 23, 2019
I really wouldn’t underestimate the effect the weather has on our game too. It’s very difficult to play a fast one touch game in those conditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here