Pace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I genuinely think that a fit KLL would have changed everything last night. The game was crying out for him. Even when he's on one of his mad, beat-the-same-player-twice runs he has the same effect as a ferret in a rabbit hutch. Things tend to happen. We didn't frighten the Barnsley defence at all last night. We looked predictable and pedestrian. At least with Kaz no one can be sure what's going to happen - but you do know his pace will mean a series of crosses into the box, some opportunistic shooting, and several free kicks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I genuinely think that a fit KLL would have changed everything last night. The game was crying out for him. Even when he's on one of his mad, beat-the-same-player-twice runs he has the same effect as a ferret in a rabbit hutch. Things tend to happen. We didn't frighten the Barnsley defence at all last night. We looked predictable and pedestrian. At least with Kaz no one can be sure what's going to happen - but you do know his pace will mean a series of crosses into the box, some opportunistic shooting, and several free kicks.

Agree with this. He would forced corners and possibly scored.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Buckley's pace has disappeared, no width in the side. O'Grady too isolated, full backs haven't got the pace to support the front men. Same story as last year.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would argue we only have THREE genuinely pacey players in the entire squad - LuaLua, Buckley and CMS.

CMS has been injured for ages so who knows how he'll be when he comes back, and Bucka & KLL are both very injury prone.

Last night was crying out for a bit more zip and pace in the first half, and you could see Buckley worried them when he came on.

Do we not need another player who possesses this attribute? Not a single player that started last night could be described as "pacey".

Totally agree with this except Buckley, March is quicker than him apart from that I have just put this in another thread already

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Buckley's pace has disappeared, no width in the side. O'Grady too isolated, full backs haven't got the pace to support the front men. Same story as last year.

I think playing Buckley and LuaLua inside negates their pace. They are now playing in an area of the pitch crowded with bodies so don't have the space to stretch out and build their speed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think playing Buckley and LuaLua inside negates their pace. They are now playing in an area of the pitch crowded with bodies so don't have the space to stretch out and build their speed.

I agree, Buckley struggles inside but when fit would beat most if not all full backs in this league. When LuaLua starts out wide he comes in on most occasions but has the option to stay wide and beat the full back, starting inside completely changes his game and puts him up against more players.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We still don't have a lot of it anywhere on the pitch. When we have too play JFC and Bruno as wide players then it's not hard to see where our problem lies. Add to that centre forwards with little pace then no surprise we are were we are.

Dec 29, 2011
Pace wins this league. You don't need technical skill or talent if you can beat your man 9 times out of 10 and put in a shit cross. Eventually one of the crosses will be a good one, just look at Murray, Bolasie and Zaha two years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports