Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Oxford highlights ####

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He was very quick last night, either that or the entire Oxford defence was moving at glacial pace.

Didn't half make a meal of a couple of challenges though, no wonder the home fans were pissed (though they did manage to boo the wrong player- LuaLua- so that was mildly amusing).

I think after EM fell over the first time, he set a presidence for the referee not to give him a chance.
He did go down quite easily, but should be tracking back to help his team out during last night's game.
I felt his heart was not in it at times.
Just my view. :)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He was very quick last night, either that or the entire Oxford defence was moving at glacial pace.

Didn't half make a meal of a couple of challenges though, no wonder the home fans were pissed (though they did manage to boo the wrong player- LuaLua- so that was mildly amusing).

I found that very amusing when I heard. I made sure I mocked him, especially after he text saying the diving so and so had just scored a cracker (after the LuaLua goal...)

I am hoping that Manu can make an impact this year, maybe he won't be a massive part of the squad but some late Sandaza style goals would be nice

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ok, things haven't worked out for Elvis but his attitude really really stinks. Rapidly beginning to dislike him intensely

Surely his attitude can't be THAT bad, or else he would be nowhere near the squad? I can't see Chris standing for any sort of nonsense – he didn't HAVE to play him, and wouldn't likely have done so if he knew he was going to behave in a way that could potentially disrupt the attitude in the dressing room :shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Been a bad apple for a long time. He's not a terrible player by any stretch, just don't think there is any coming back from his previous antics.

The further he is away from our squad the better IMO.

What exactly do you mean by bad apple? That suggests to me he is creating unrest amongst the ranks which I don't believe. He might be unhappy and wants away because things haven't worked out but that's understandable. Based on last night, if anyone was a bad apple it was KLL who couldn't really be arsed. At least Manu was prepared to run.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A couple of cracking BHA goals, has there ever been a more dejected goal celebration than our Elvis'? Felt NM could have done better on the second goal...

I don't read anything into this. These sort of strikers can keep a cool head when a scoring opportunity arises. There are plenty of examples of players now retired, Drogba, Jimmy Greaves, Peter Osgood, Alan Shearer, some of the best strikers around. In the past for the Albion KIt Napier was a technician disinterested appearing striker who kept his cool and was very aware.

Old timers will remember a game when against Chesterfield when Kit Napier kicked the ball into an empty net in an important promotion game. When the biggish crowd stared in disbelief, only Kit Napier and the referee realised the ref had not blown the whistle after Stephenson in the Chesterfield goal was injured for several minutes. Different characters. Some people a just do show so much excitement or emotion. It is useful to have a few of these types in the team, and helps when the team has scored and they can keep concentrating. Ultimate professionals like Bruno.

I thought the Lualua goal was very good on his strong foot. Found the inch of space and let fly. Right on the edge of penalty area where I think he is most dangerous. And his open goal miss was untypical: running into space for a change.

Very encouraging.

I'm not sure that every striker should track back.Zamora was not renowned for this. They should run into space and not get caught offside though.It helps if like Vicente they can challenge a player without fouling.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here