Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ownership.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How about a Steve Parish type person? Someone who wouldn't risk the future of the club to get into the Premier League?

Well we've got one of them in Tony, but the question really is would we want different ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is if they can sign you up to a dodgy sponsorship deal

Obviously dodgy sponsorship deals are banned and will be discounted from income for FFP.

Trust Tony's accountants though. We'll be using any loopholes as much as the next team. No doubts.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Probably needs a poll but don't know how to do it from tapatalk

Anyway who would you rather have in charge of the Albion...

1) a billionaire Arab/Russian oil tycoon who would throw money at the club for fun

2) Watford style ownership- where the owner owns two other teams and our squad is made up of players from these other teams

3) Only want good Ol' Tony!

4) A fans group

5) a couple of Indian Chicken farmers....

3. 4 is also good though.

If 1 were to happen I would stop attending Albion matches. I would go to Lewes matches every week instead.

... a billionaire Arab/Russian oil tycoon who would throw money at the club for fun ?

Who the hell would want to pay good money to watch an oil tycoon's plaything?

I'd rather follow my local football team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How about a Steve Parish type person? Someone who wouldn't risk the future of the club to get into the Premier League?

A fan in charge? We have one thanks and he comes from a family who have been involved for decades. I think you'll find that TB is thinking of the future of the club, hence the angst of quite a few on here over our lack of money being thrown at players. Sheesh :rolleyes:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A fan in charge? We have one thanks and he comes from a family who have been involved for decades. I think you'll find that TB is thinking of the future of the club, hence the angst of quite a few on here over our lack of money being thrown at players. Sheesh :rolleyes:

But do you not accept, that in many ways it is a vicious circle. If we start playing poorly then the season ticket sales may well be impacted upon next season, thus affecting us from a FFP perspective. I'm not anxious, but it is clear for all to see that we need at least a competent and pacy left-back and we may need to spend hundreds of thousands to get one, if this means selling someone to balance the books or go 'at risk' for until the January window (when we sell someone) then fair enough.

We have also seen over the last 40 years that the Albion supporters are quite fickle.

In terms of the thread, Tony Bloom every time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
... a billionaire Arab/Russian oil tycoon who would throw money at the club for fun ?

Who the hell would want to pay good money to watch an oil tycoon's plaything?

My guess would be about forty thousand people. But I do agree with your point, I'd struggle with it as well. Problem is that without having that kind of ownership it seems like the best you can ever hope for is about 7th place in the top division. Football really has gone a bit shit hasn't it?

Palace man

Jan 31, 2013

Apart from the millions for the AMEX. In my opinion, Tony Bloom's more Simon Jordan than Steve Parish...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The "50+1" German model is the perfect balance IMHO.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
1. For me, it would be good for at least a couple of seasons and we would do it in an original way being Brighton and all that.
Get into the Premiership and when the billionaire gets peed off we can anticipate the parachute payments to see us through for a few years to come.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the millions for the AMEX. In my opinion, Tony Bloom's more Simon Jordan than Steve Parish...

I must have missed the bit where Jordan invested in the infrastructure of Palace. Simon Jordan was a charlatan and gambled massively on the playing side as far as I recall. He was also a mouthy orange ****. Nothing like Bloom.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

That is a good thing isn't it? We needed the Amex or we wouldn't be here. The stadium is really important, just ask Parish.

Is it really necessary for you to post your uninformed drivel on a thread about ownership of The Albion?

Please just stick to Palace related threads, there are enough of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here