Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Own up.....who had a tear in their eye ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No.

Saying that it was moving tribute and i will miss seeing him play and singing his name. What a model professional on and off the pitch.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It was just the wind in my eye causing the watering. Not sure why my throat closed up a little too.

Loyal player and a very honourable man all round. He will be sorely missed on the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The tears fell out of my eyes and ran down my cheeks. I did manage to keep singing.

I loved the team doing their lap of appreciation with their El Capitano t shirts.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It was just the wind in my eye causing the watering. Not sure why my throat closed up a little too.

Loyal player and a very honourable man all round. He will be sorely missed on the pitch.

Yeah I seemed to have encountered the same affliction - it was hard not be a little emotional at that moment.

We will miss the great man!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Went out at the top. If that had been his début, we'd have been ecstatic with our new signing. So calm on the ball.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
I was hoping he might go out at full time and do an Iniesta by sitting in the centre circle so they'd have to build the trophy presentation stage around him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
f6de189c862eca4f279673aa1480205e.jpg
7ec08492ef966f8e9c0d1d461100030e.jpg
61a87a90e1c80f7c2c5ed216b538685a.jpg
87007b9b710a03589bf97651d91c9559.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s just so Brighton....the club and the city.
Tears were shed.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nearly. Impressive send off by the fans, he deserve all the plaudits going. Not a nasty bone in his body, true gent and superb servant to the club.

On his red card yellow card record while playing for our club anyone have the figures?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was waiting for the ref to book him. Based on the general standard this season, I'd imagine he didn't notice - but it was an unusual display of emotional intelligence if he contextually decided against it.

He was probably told by the club, with agreement from Citeh. Same for the Kompany send off.

And the ref can of course add on some extra minutes if he wishes.

The reality is we are not grubbing about at Vale Park at the end of the season, now. There is no need to scream when a player takes a few yards for a throw in. Everybody on the pitch is supposed to be alert, not hung over, reliant on burger fat to absorb the lingering alcohol.

With all that in mind, let's expect more next season on the pitch. And hope, of course.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nearly. Impressive send off by the fans, he deserve all the plaudits going. Not a nasty bone in his body, true gent and superb servant to the club.

On his red card yellow card record while playing for our club anyone have the figures?

Got a (straight?) red against Wolves during Sami's reign. Think that was the only one. He also had a run of picking up yellows when he came back from injuries (under Oscar?) but, apart from that, it'll be exemplary for a defender. Model pro.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very emotional when he came off and just as emotional when he led the players back around the pitch. Only reason I stayed for the lap of appreciation, mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

Saying that it was moving tribute and i will miss seeing him play and singing his name. What a model professional on and off the pitch.

You should try a little empathy occasionally. It won't kill you.

However, if you have had a life of nothing but strife and tragedy, and find football and NSC a useful outlet, then I acknowledge your stoicism.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I did and I've only read the reports so far. Will properly lose it assuming MOTD show the moment in a little while.

EDIT - Found the Seagulls Player clip on YouTube. Already in bits...

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Started tearing up and then the phone went at work so had to compose myself. Can't bear to watch anything about it at the moment as its all still a bit too raw for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here