Own up then...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope the magistrate has a sense of humour and gives the thief 80 hrs of community service...emptying dog litter bins from the town's parks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
unless you have a poodle which for some unknown reason is a breed that tends towards chalky faeces :lolol:

Do they still do them? I thought it was something to do with dogs diets in the 70's. There used to be loads of white dog shit about. Perhaps there were more poodles back then?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
WHY are Sussex Police inviting people with information to call their number?

No one was harmed, nothing of value was stolen. Are the police so under-utilised that they can afford this case more time?

Maybe they have other, more substantial crime reports from the same day involving a suspect of similar description? Maybe he attempted to rob other people but they just didn't bother reporting it.

Maybe he's a well known local shit (no pun intended) who they'd be only too delighted to get into court for attempted theft, no matter what he actually ended up stealing.

Just because someone doesn't actually get away with something doesn't mean they should be ignored, as they're probably quite likely to try it again, and succeed. I know what you're trying to say, but presumably the little weasel didn't actually know it was a bag of crap, he was hoping to get something worth having.

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
but presumably the little weasel didn't actually know it was a bag of crap, he was hoping to get something worth having.

Unless he had lead a very sheltered life and took his mates request to go and find him some good shit literally?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just because someone doesn't actually get away with something doesn't mean they should be ignored, as they're probably quite likely to try it again, and succeed. I know what you're trying to say, but presumably the little weasel didn't actually know it was a bag of crap, he was hoping to get something worth having.

That's all very logical, but the bottom line is police time spent on this is police time that could have been spent on solving an actual crime.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to track down a black BMX bagsnatcher in Tarring - it's not exactly LA South Central.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
That's all very logical, but the bottom line is police time spent on this is police time that could have been spent on solving an actual crime.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to track down a black BMX bagsnatcher in Tarring - it's not exactly LA South Central.

Police are now bound by the Policing Pledge. All offences/ reported incidents have to be investigated. Victim has to be updated, case has to be looked at individually, however tedious.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, get back to speed trapping; much more profitable than dealing with someone who could be next years armed bank robber:nono:

Total arse, old chap, six years in and never done a speed trap in my life. And nor have 90% of my colleagues. Only the traffic geeks do that side of things. But don't let that get in the way of your persecution complex :wave:

By the way, if someone tries to break into your house but doesn't actually manage to get in for whatever reason, do you want the police to ignore that too? Presumably the woman in this particular case felt sufficiently concerned about the lad on the bike's intentions to go to the trouble of reporting it. What do you want them to tell her? "Jog on love, it's not worth the trouble"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports