Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owls Sack Proudlock

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Sheff Wed have sacked player Adam Proudlock.The striker cost 150k from Wolves.Sacking players?Whats all this about :jester:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
well im guessing hes breached his contract then. breaking clubs code of conduct etc.

brave decision by wednesday. some would say silly in there position but sturrock has taken a strong decision if that is the case

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday manager Paul Sturrock has explained his decision to serve notice of the termination of Adam Proudlock's contract, which was due to run until the end of this season.

The Owls boss said the decision had been taken after "several breaches" of the club's internal disciplinary code and added that a firm approach had to be taken for the benefit of the club and the rest of the players in the squad.

Sturrock explained: "It's disappointing for everyone involved but there was a stand that needed to be made. We have rules and regulations which he has breached."

The Scot admitted to being sad at having to take the decision but said his expectation was that both Proudlock and Sheffield Wednesday would be the long-term beneficiaries:

"He has qualities and I'm sure he's going to come back and bite me on the bum," said the boss. "But discipline is a vital part of the football club, I have proved that today. I'm disappointed I've had to do it and I don't like doing it. But we have another 25 players who are under the same disciplinary codes and it was important for them. There's not really any more to be said."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Turkey said:
Sheffield Wednesday manager Paul Sturrock has explained his decision to serve notice of the termination of Adam Proudlock's contract, which was due to run until the end of this season.

The Owls boss said the decision had been taken after "several breaches" of the club's internal disciplinary code and added that a firm approach had to be taken for the benefit of the club and the rest of the players in the squad.

Sturrock explained: "It's disappointing for everyone involved but there was a stand that needed to be made. We have rules and regulations which he has breached."

The Scot admitted to being sad at having to take the decision but said his expectation was that both Proudlock and Sheffield Wednesday would be the long-term beneficiaries:

"He has qualities and I'm sure he's going to come back and bite me on the bum," said the boss. "But discipline is a vital part of the football club, I have proved that today. I'm disappointed I've had to do it and I don't like doing it. But we have another 25 players who are under the same disciplinary codes and it was important for them. There's not really any more to be said."

Proudlock will be okay. Wednesday's new manger will re-instate him. He'll have to wait a month or two though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He was crap at the weekend apparently (Stinker according to The Times). Is he a heavy drinker?

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Turkey said:
"He has qualities and I'm sure he's going to come back and bite me on the bum," said the boss.

I reckon thats why he was sacked in the first place!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
He's crap anyway. He played for Wolves in that game where we murdered them at Withdean, he looked far more concerned about his hair than trying to play football ...

Sounds like your standard footballer, to much money to young and thinks he can behave how he wants ...

Quite obviously a tosser ...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Proudlock was going out with an absolute stunner, she was one of the 'Embassy girls' at the Crucible every year. Funnily enough, the one that usually got in front of the camera.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure we'll hear more. And I can't wait for that whining tosser Gordon Taylor to get involved, although he won't criticise any of his overpaid, prima donna members until they actually murder someone.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tooting Gull said:
I'm sure we'll hear more. And I can't wait for that whining tosser Gordon Taylor to get involved, although he won't criticise any of his overpaid, prima donna members until they actually murder someone.

That is his job to be fair

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Up to a point, it's true. But it is a bit 'Wolf Wolf' with Taylor. You can't take him seriously when he is genuinely representing the interests of a wronged member - because of all the times he's backed rogue elements regardless of their guilt and often in the face of proven appalling behaviour.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tooting Gull said:

I'm sure I heard that the PFA have said they will not contest the decision.

Christ what HAS he done, for Taylor not to be screaming from the rooftops about his poor little hard done-by footballers. I suppose that's what happens when you play outside the Premiershite.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gritt23 said:
I'm sure I heard that the PFA have said they will not contest the decision.

Christ what HAS he done, for Taylor not to be screaming from the rooftops about his poor little hard done-by footballers. I suppose that's what happens when you play outside the Premiershite.

Yep I heard that to. Seems that he has stepped so far over the line that even the PFA wont help him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Wednesday message boards are not exactly backing the lad. 'Good riddance to the fat bastard' seems to be the shout.

Alleged crimes include turning up late for pre-season, missing appointments with the physio, eating too many pies, drinking far too much pop, turning up pissed for a match, rumours of illicit substances and generally being a total loser who's pissed a promising career up the wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here