Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was happy when Sven was appointed - his track record in continental club football was impressive, which is why he was a much sought-after coach. Obviously the 5-1 was his zenith. But gradually, as we witnessed the shambolic friendlies and the rancid performances in qualifying and World Cup games, my belief in him erdoded. The build-up to Japan and manner of the performances during that tournament (two decent halfs in 5 games) had me very worried. Euro 2004 showed we'd not progressed a jot. And the manner of the performances in this qualifying group are raising all the same questions.

The buffoons at the FA were falling over themselves to give Sven an improved contract probably because him and Palios were spit-roasting that office slut at the time, and the last thing they wanted was to risk all that coming out.

Think Chelsea or Man U would touch him with a shitty stick now ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
I was happy when Sven was appointed - his track record in continental club football was impressive, which is why he was a much sought-after coach. Obviously the 5-1 was his zenith. But gradually, as we witnessed the shambolic friendlies and the rancid performances in qualifying and World Cup games, my belief in him erdoded. The build-up to Japan and manner of the performances during that tournament (two decent halfs in 5 games) had me very worried. Euro 2004 showed we'd not progressed a jot. And the manner of the performances in this qualifying group are raising all the same questions.

The buffoons at the FA were falling over themselves to give Sven an improved contract probably because him and Palios were spit-roasting that office slut at the time, and the last thing they wanted was to risk all that coming out.

Think Chelsea or Man U would touch him with a shitty stick now ?

you wouldnt have him at brighton>

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
The problem is the media have turned on him, just like they did with Robson so people just follow what they read.
f*** sake.
I don't need to READ that England were shite in Wales (and Denmark, and most other games recently for that matter). I can see perfectly well for myself thank you, without the need for Rose-Tinted Svenspecs you subscribe to either.

And I wish you'd give this "people don't like him cos he's foreign" line a little rest now as well. As I, Marshy and many others have said, on many occasions, his nationality has got nothing to do with it. I don't care if we have a French, Italian, Irish, English, Dutch or Iraqi in charge. If he's a good organiser, a good motivator, and gets the team playing consistently well, it really really doesn't matter where he's from.

OK ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
f*** sake.
I don't need to READ that England were shite in Wales (and Denmark, and most other games recently for that matter). I can see perfectly well for myself thank you, without the need for Rose-Tinted Svenspecs you subscribe to either.

And I wish you'd give this "people don't like him cos he's foreign" line a little rest now as well. As I, Marshy and many others have said, on many occasions, his nationality has got nothing to do with it. I don't care if we have a French, Italian, Irish, English, Dutch or Iraqi in charge. If he's a good organiser, a good motivator, and gets the team playing consistently well, it really really doesn't matter where he's from.

OK ?

The thing is you say we were shite in Wales, but we got a result, OK it was a bit of a disjointed performance, but we got the job done. Last season Brighton played disjointedly an awful lot but did enough to stay up, so why accpet that on the one hand and get at Sven with the other?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
KinkyGoebels said:
you wouldnt have him at brighton>
He wouldn't have a clue how to operate iat the Albion on a small budget, so no. And from what I've seen of him with the England team, even if we did have pots of cash for him to spend, he's put me right off now.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Uncle Buck said:
The thing is you say we were shite in Wales, but we got a result, OK it was a bit of a disjointed performance, but we got the job done. Last season Brighton played disjointedly an awful lot but did enough to stay up, so why accpet that on the one hand and get at Sven with the other?

Because unlike England we are punching well above our weight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:

Err Brighton were not that great in the play offs were they?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
Because unlike England we are punching well above our weight.

But when we beat Argentina in the World Cup that could be classed as punching above our weight and yet previously the mighty Easy 10 has criticised the England performance in that game. At the end of the day football is results driven, yes I want to see champagne football every week, but I am happy with winning and if that is an own goal off someones arse that gives us that win then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here