Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
But it happens in football sometimes it knocks the stuffing out of ya.

1 player doesnt make a team........but him lampard, gerrard and cole were our only real performers in eur0 2004 and considering rooney was banging them in it does make a difference

Gerrard didnt turn up.

Cole, Neville, Campbell, King seemed to be the only ones that did and king only played one game

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
Write basics here......

Doesnt matter who you play against.

If u dont concede and you score you win....We did that.

In an international derby (away)....You take the sting out of the game.....we did that.

You dont here chelsea fans moan when they beat wigan 1-0 opening day.... a win is a win......and away from home any away win is a gr8 result/performance

I agree a win is a win and ive said that all along - but the fact is that formation did not work and 4 4 2 would have , plus it was a chance to give players like defoe a chance.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
so im guessing all u want us to do is turn up every week play 2 up front beat everyone 5-0 and win the world cup and everyones happy, oh yeah and we might aswell do it with the style of brazil while were at it, oh its all so simple.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
Gerrard didnt turn up.

Cole, Neville, Campbell, King seemed to be the only ones that did and king only played one game

f*** off......

capbell did ok and neville maybe but if they get injured you dont think....ah we will lack goals now...with rooney everyone had that feeling when vassell came on.

Lampard was class at the euros as was gerrard

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
i thought the kids where back to school today........

kinkygoebels.........

So because you disagree with me im a school boy? This is a message board of opinions - although sometimes you cant tell.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
So because you disagree with me im a school boy? This is a message board of opinions - although sometimes you cant tell.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

come on son you will be late for assembly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
f*** off......

capbell did ok and neville maybe but if they get injured you dont think....ah we will lack goals now...with rooney everyone had that feeling when vassell came on.

Lampard was class at the euros as was gerrard

I dont think what?

What did gerrard do?

As soon as we played a team on form Portugal, our midfield was utterly over run - we blasted balls forward and gave the ball away non stop.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
I agree a win is a win and ive said that all along - but the fact is that formation did not work and 4 4 2 would have , plus it was a chance to give players like defoe a chance.

Saturday was not a game to give people chances it was a result what we needed and a result is what we got.

The formation obviously did work we looked solid defensively there wasnt as much space between defence and midfield as their was in the denmark game....

we had all the possession.....we looked calm professional and we got 3 points

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
I dont think what?

What did gerrard do?

As soon as we played a team on form Portugal, our midfield was utterly over run - we blasted balls forward and gave the ball away non stop.

so did they......we gave the ball away more because their wasnt the outlet with vassell as their was with rooney.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
Saturday was not a game to give people chances it was a result what we needed and a result is what we got.

The formation obviously did work we looked solid defensively there wasnt as much space between defence and midfield as their was in the denmark game....

we had all the possession.....we looked calm professional and we got 3 points

We were hanging on in the end at times and if it wasnt for robbo the result could have been different.

I argue that we did give people chances that game Young played as did Wright Philips, plus we gave Beckham a chance to play as a holding midfiled player

Just for the record I would have played 4-4-2 on Sat (Rooney & Defoe up front), either way we still would've won cos Wales suck balls but just a lot more comfortably.... Rooney on his own up front just didn't work cos he kept dropping back leaving SWP and Joe Cole up front, who as good attacking midfielders they are they couldn't shoot for toffee.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Brighton Boy said:
so did they......we gave the ball away more because their wasnt the outlet with vassell as their was with rooney.

you have all ready said Vessell hogs the wing - its easier to play a ball to the wing than bang it down the throat of the stiker and centre backs

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
Boom Boom funny man.

and schools are back tomorrow in my area.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

cheer up pal so u no nothing about football, uve still got ur school mates!

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
I wish i did some of those 16 year old girls.....

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

like it some humour at last. come on lets just all become brazlian its more fun, less stressful.:drink:

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
KinkyGoebels said:
We were hanging on in the end at times and if it wasnt for robbo the result could have been different.

I argue that we did give people chances that game Young played as did Wright Philips, plus we gave Beckham a chance to play as a holding midfiled player

no.....we didnt give chances we played to the strengths that the formation offered.....

Robinson made 1 save .....we werent holding on their was 1 little scramble their keeper made 3 save does that mean we should have scored 4 no.....cos that not how football works.

4-4-2 may not of work cos defoe and rooney didnt lok good against denmark.

and we were to open against denmark in the midfield area.

Saturday....problem defensivley was solved and u fail to realise that when we attacked we have a formation that aloud us to bounce to a 4-3-3 with SWP and cole joing rooney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here