Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Speculation is currently huge that Michael Owen could be on his way to newly promoted Brighton this summerReports from across the country are suggesting that newly promoted Brighton and Hove Albion are set to sign Manchester United striker Michael Owen with sources close to the South coast club claiming the 31 year old England international had been seen in the area this weekend.

Brighton won automatic promotion to the Championship this season and reports also claim that Owen has already met current manager Gustavo Poyet with a view to joining the Seagulls this summer.

Owen has featured very little for the Old Trafford outfit this season making the odd few appearances before injuries caused the player to sit out however should the striker remain fit then Brighton could be on the verge of one of the most historic transfer coups the country has ever seen.

Whilst there has been no news regarding wages it is likely that Owen would have to take a drop in income should this very interesting possibility become reality

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jesse-Owens-1.jpg

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Speculation is currently huge that Michael Owen could be on his way to newly promoted Brighton this summerReports from across the country are suggesting that newly promoted Brighton and Hove Albion are set to sign Manchester United striker Michael Owen with sources close to the South coast club claiming the 31 year old England international had been seen in the area this weekend.

Brighton won automatic promotion to the Championship this season and reports also claim that Owen has already met current manager Gustavo Poyet with a view to joining the Seagulls this summer.

Owen has featured very little for the Old Trafford outfit this season making the odd few appearances before injuries caused the player to sit out however should the striker remain fit then Brighton could be on the verge of one of the most historic transfer coups the country has ever seen.

Whilst there has been no news regarding wages it is likely that Owen would have to take a drop in income should this very interesting possibility become reality

But this is from the summer...?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thank you, wasn't sure if anyone would get it :lol:

It's OWAIN, so I'm not entirely sure it counts. Are we allowing Welsh spelling for the purpose of this thread?

If so, I'm having Owain Glyndwr. I have no idea who that actually is, other than he must be a Welsh national hero as his name's all over the place when you go there.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Has anyone mentioned that he's injury prone? Hope ive added something to the discussion.

ohh oh oh oh and he likes horses and so does Bloom so they are best friends and probably roll around in hay together...maybe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dulce et decorum est, pro patria mori.

SidePic.jpg

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
FFS, Owen had class between 98 (world cup) & 2001 (fa cup) whats he really done since??

This would be a shit signing in my opinion.

Unless it is Owen Wilson coming which would be fantastic if he was sitting near me in the family stand!

Score a hat-trick against Germany? Admittedly still a long time ago...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here