Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great comeback, have a gold star FH! Let's see what the season ticket sales are like in a year or so once the novelty of the new stadium and promotion has worn off!

Ah yes, the only card you've got left to play. Well, whatever our season ticket figures will be they'll be a shed load healthier than your two bob outfit MOC (me ole china)! Chin chin

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, you can interpret it as this poster doesn't have a grand to spunk! (oh er). So happy for you that your doing well in these hard financial times, did you purchase a season ticket in 1901 club by any chance?

You could always pay us 1p in the £ when you go into administration.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The reason why they offered Muzza more money than anyone else was to take the shine of our promotion, and it worked. Instead of celebrating being CHAMPIONS, we fell for it and set up a lynch mob for the quietly spoken Cumbrian enigma.

Sorry but COMPLETELY disagree El Pres - No shine taken off our best season ever - I wouldn't let that happen myself. We've signed a lot better player in CMS ya? Lynch mob for the what did you say 'quietly spoken Cumbrian enigma.' - more like for the oddball, greedy, judas twat who deserves all he gets.

I agree re Garvan tho 'meh' wasn't that excited atall anyways.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
I'll be honest P4E I have ZERO evidence to back up my allegation. All I was saying is that if I was in charge of Palace, and wanting to stop the Albion being too big for their boots, that this would be one avenue worth exploring.

Even if he had decided to seek pastures new, the fact that Murray turned down offers from Southampton and Millwall, both of whom appear to have better prospects than Palace for the forthcoming season (I think Saints will be top ten) and he would be an ideal like for like replacement for Morrison at 'Wall, suggests that Palace took the cheque book approach to persuade him to sign a contract.

It COULD be that he was impressed by Dougie's persuasion I concede, but would seem strange. It could be that the other clubs only offered him a two year deal, and he wanted the security of a third, or it could be that CPFC2010 were willing to be more generous than they would have been for a player from any other club, simply to wind up things at the Albion, and put a dampener on celebrations . Pure speculation I concede, and perhaps a conspiracy too far, but it does square the circle.

The most likely outcome is he (Garvan) was hoping to be considered a starter. Perhaps he equated Brighton's interest to an assurance that he'd get more game time than he gets here. Perhaps if Gus & co could not offer him that he decided that what is the point in moving? That seems the most likely solution and one than neither Palace or Brighton fans can see as having got one over the other. IIRC Garvan took ages deciding to come to Palace. He really didn't want to leave Ipswich, but he famously had a spat with Roy Keane and liked Burley - so it kind of made his mind up. I think in all honesty he is a player who doesn't like to uproot himself if he doesn't have to, and there is little more to it than that.

With regard to LondonBlue 'hurting my feelings', perhaps have a look at what I was actually saying, that the two insults completely contradict each other and looks foolish. I certainly don't mind some banter - and some of the Brighton fans who post on the BBS have come up with some great verbal jousting! The best I've seen on here so far is 'Chavalanche' - tres bon, tres bon!:lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not interested in BBS [MENTION=19080]Palace4ever[/MENTION], why would I be? I support Brighton not the scum up the road. And if you think the 'two insults' are 'contradictory' ... then f*** off you big girl, blokes like you should be shot at birth (contradictory).

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You could always pay us 1p in the £ when you go into administration.

Those days are behind us squire pumpkin. I would be worried about your own spending if i where you..22k a week on a League One player, bloody risky!!???

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Those days are behind us squire pumpkin. I would be worried about your own spending if i where you..22k a week on a League One player, bloody risky!!???

I was referring to you dumbarse. I have watched your patronising and attempted wind ups on this thread for quite a while now and you are failing terribly, do you have a plan b?

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
I'm not interested in BBS [MENTION=19080]Palace4ever[/MENTION], why would I be? I support Brighton not the scum up the road. And if you think the 'two insults' are 'contradictory' ... then f*** off you big girl, blokes like you should be shot at birth (contradictory).

"f*** off"! That's more like it...

Shot at birth is not contradictory BTW - anyway it seems this has narked you more than it needed to. The original point is that I found the ineptness of the insult funny. Nevermind.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The most likely outcome is he (Garvan) was hoping to be considered a starter. Perhaps he equated Brighton's interest to an assurance that he'd get more game time than he gets here. Perhaps if Gus & co could not offer him that he decided that what is the point in moving? That seems the most likely solution and one than neither Palace or Brighton fans can see as having got one over the other.

Think this is most likely to be the case - Garvan probably wouldn't start every week for us either, especially given how Gus likes to employ different schemes for different opponents.

Sparrow, Dicker, Noone, Bridcutt and even Lua Lua all felt the effects of this last season in only getting limited game time and next season will be a case of more of the same.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Tone it down or take a holiday from NSC, the choice is yours. You have been warned.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I was referring to you dumbarse. I have watched your patronising and attempted wind ups on this thread for quite a while now and you are failing terribly, do you have a plan b?

No need for a Plan B LB, there was never a Plan A! :bounce:

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Think this is most likely to be the case - Garvan probably wouldn't start every week for us either, especially given how Gus likes to employ different schemes for different opponents.

Sparrow, Dicker, Noone, Bridcutt and even Lua Lua all felt the effects of this last season in only getting limited game time and next season will be a case of more of the same.

Makes sense. Unless Garvan does indeed up his workrate, he'll not amount to more than a squad player for most sides in this league. It is amazing that I can come on here initially to give an honest assessment of Garvan and I let myself get sidetracked and squabble! It's good to have Brighton back in the same league for some battles and abuse let's hope both sides stay in the league this time so we don't have to wait another few years!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here