Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
They're our three best players. We've got academy boys like Zaha and Scannell that any team in the League would love to sign, as they will likely be solid Premiership players. They're good at this level already.

The rest of our squad is a massively experienced Championship side. McCarthy, Moxey, Wright etc. all have hundreds of games under their belts at this level. They're all midlevel Championship players, and certainly Moxey transformed our season after he signed in January.

Our squad has talent and experience in abudance, which is why we can't understand why you think we'll be down there next season. Last season we only lacked a defensive midfielder and a goalscorer - we've got both now.

It's the bookies that think you'll be down there again. Personally I can see you finishing lower midtable

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
you are so thick that you can't even spell dikgacoi's initials correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lolololololololololol

Diddicoi is known as KG (Kagisho) as Palace fans cant afford his proper name on the back of their replica shirts :thumbsup:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
5 Zero

If your squad is so much better.

£10 bet with every person on this thread each, who finishes higher out of Brighton and Palace. All money to REMF.

So i guess £1000 for you, and £10 for 100 of us.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Don't tell everyone. Get down the bookies. Most of them think the same. The fools.

DKM (what a strange username!) The same bookies who had Blackpool down as relegation fodder in the 09/10 season. Remind me what happened that season. I can recall countless examples of other times that they have got it wrong. And remeber, gambling is a mug's game, don't do it kids!

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You really are a deluded f***ing prick aren't you? Clyne will be off anyway and yes, Ambrose and Speroni are good players but they do not make a SQUAD. You really are starting to piss people off on here. ALL your argumetns are backed up with ridiculously one sided, biased reports of "how good" your squad has finished in the bottom half for the last two seasons. I know you have had your problems but if your squad is so f***ing marvelous it should 3have, especially last season, been up there then shouldn't it.

You have so far lost and will continue to lose players and brought in a striker who has never played at Championship level to apparently make this great squad ever stronger. Would Cardiff actually swap there squad for yours? The same Cardiff who where in the play off's? The football will do the talking and I will absolutely put anything on us beating you next season.

Cardiff lost half of their starting XI. They're not looking strong atm.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
They're our three best players. We've got academy boys like Zaha and Scannell that any team in the League would love to sign, as they will likely be solid Premiership players. They're good at this level already.

The rest of our squad is a massively experienced Championship side. McCarthy, Moxey, Wright etc. all have hundreds of games under their belts at this level. They're all midlevel Championship players, and certainly Moxey transformed our season after he signed in January.

Our squad has talent and experience in abudance, which is why we can't understand why you think we'll be down there next season. Last season we only lacked a defensive midfielder and a goalscorer - we've got both now.

How many bids have you had for those two players?
Serious question, are you not a little concerned about the type of player that DF is chasing, like Chris Lines who is being described as the Bristol Rovers fans Owen Garvan.
And how do feel about DF's first signing for a fee in Jermain Easter, was he a great signing? I think this close season will be DF's greatest test in who he can attract and how he gets them playing. But I know what Gus gets out of players and he has already proved that skill, Freedman is still an unknown quantity.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
DKM (what a strange username!) The same bookies who has Blackpool down as relegation fodder in the 09/10 season. Remind me what happened that season. I can recall countless examples of other times that they have got it wrong. And remeber, gambling is a mug's game, don't do it kids!

True, Blackpool took everyone by surprise, wont happen with ur lot though

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
5 Zero

If your squad is so much better.

£10 bet with every person on this thread each, who finishes higher out of Brighton and Palace. All money to REMF.

So i guess £1000 for you, and £10 for 100 of us.

I'm afraid that's far to risky oldbean! We are in tough times (bloody recession) so i dont have £1000.00 to gamble with! I do honestly believe currently our squad is far better but who know's what will happen in the coming weeks, Bloom certainly has been flashing the cash with CMS and his HUGE wages, maybe there will be a few more signings like this coming through the BHAFC door in the coming weeks...

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Palace fans have a dull and relegation-fighting season ahead of them so they come and try and spoil our party. don't know why anyone feels the need to reply to the palace 'tards.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
DKM (what a strange username!) The same bookies who has Blackpool down as relegation fodder in the 09/10 season. Remind me what happened that season. I can recall countless examples of other times that they have got it wrong. And remeber, gambling is a mug's game, don't do it kids!

That is dragged out enough times to make you think that is the exception that proves the rule.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The bookies predicted that 'Boro would go up automatically, they predicted that Blackpool would go down, they predicted a playoff spot for Sheffield United, etc.

They get a LOT wrong. As I've said before, the odds will change massively once the transfer window slams shut, and we've either spent a few more quid or we've sold Clyne and spent a few million.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'm afraid that's far to risky oldbean! We are in tough times (bloody recession) so i dont have £1000.00 to gamble with! I do honestly believe currently our squad is far better but who know's what will happen in the coming weeks, Bloom certainly has been flashing the cash with CMS and his HUGE wages, maybe there will be a few more signings like this coming through the BHAFC door in the coming weeks...

Oh.

I think I will fairly interpret that as our squad being superior to yours.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Oh.

I think I will fairly interpret that as our squad being superior to yours.

No, you can interpret it as this poster doesn't have a grand to spunk! (oh er). So happy for you that your doing well in these hard financial times, did you purchase a season ticket in 1901 club by any chance?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No, you can interpret it as this poster doesn't have a grand to spunk! (oh er). So happy for you that your doing well in these hard financial times, did you purchase a season ticket in 1901 club by any chance?

Well you have double the chance of picking on a poster here who is season ticket holder than you do on the BBS.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Well you have double the chance of picking on a poster here who is season ticket holder than you do on the BBS.

Great comeback, have a gold star FH! Let's see what the season ticket sales are like in a year or so once the novelty of the new stadium and promotion has worn off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports