Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are either stupid or are doing this as a wind up... again where did I say that?

But my dear Palarse fan you decided to call me names on the pretence that I dared to mention you were involved in the transfer saga, now you are telling me you were involved. Go have a lie down for ten minutes, get your story straight and come back and post sensibly (long shot for a Nigel I know).

And as for sarcasm... I wouldn't know how to be sarcastic if it was Brian the boil on my buttocks that told me he was a very big boil called Brian.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Liam Bridcutt, the guy so shit, he got taken off in the 2nd friendly he played for Palace last season and got his trial ended early.

Brighton, taking Palace's cast-offs as always.

With respect, a lot of us actually watched Bridcutt on a weekly basis last season - & he quickly showed us what an extremely accomplished footballer he is. I have absolutely no doubt that he'll take the step-up to The Championship in his stride & improve yet further.

So thanks awfully for thinking that he was shite on the basis of a meaningless pre-season kickabout or 2. But most of our gratitude has surely has to go to the hapless failure that is George Burley Esq - for not having the gumption to recognise a talent that would have helped to turn round his disastrous stewardship at the helm of the sinking Palarse tub.

:wave:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Garvan? Who the hell? Give me Dave Lua Lua ANY day :clap:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
But my dear Palarse fan you decided to call me names on the pretence that I dared to mention you were involved in the transfer saga, now you are telling me you were involved. Go have a lie down for ten minutes, get your story straight and come back and post sensibly (long shot for a Nigel I know).

And as for sarcasm... I wouldn't know how to be sarcastic if it was Brian the boil on my buttocks that told me he was a very big boil called Brian.
Again, I never called you names, I simply suggested a reason for you continually posting shit. I also never denied we were involved in the transfer saga. I am sure all these fellow Brighton fans of yours on here are really proud of how terribly boring you are.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't care.

Lua Lua Lua Lua Lua Lua Lua Lua :clap:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Again, I never called you names, I simply suggested a reason for you continually posting shit. I also never denied we were involved in the transfer saga. I am sure all these fellow Brighton fans of yours on here are really proud of how terribly boring you are.

I post shite on a Brighton forum whilst a Nigel comes on here totally confused about their stance... priceless!

You called me an idiot for daring to suggest you were involved in the transfer saga between two prem clubs, retracted it, still decided I post shite and now say you never denied being part of said saga. I did order a ten minute lie down, you obviously don't have room in the trailer for a good stretch. I do sympathise, honest x

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I post shite on a Brighton forum whilst a Nigel comes on here totally confused about their stance... priceless!

You called me an idiot for daring to suggest you were involved in the transfer saga between two prem clubs, retracted it, still decided I post shite and now say you never denied being part of said saga. I did order a ten minute lie down, you obviously don't have room in the trailer for a good stretch. I do sympathise, honest x
Oh dear, you really are in a sorry state. Why don't you find some quotes from me saying we were never in a transfer saga? Or where I called you an idiot? Have you made a single constructive comment on this thread about Garvan? You didn't even make one about Speroni after being drawn into that little argument, you instead chose to say I am naive and imply that he will leave, which is wrong.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh dear, you really are in a sorry state. Why don't you find some quotes from me saying we were never in a transfer saga? Or where I called you an idiot? Have you made a single constructive comment on this thread about Garvan? You didn't even make one about Speroni after being drawn into that little argument, you instead chose to say I am naive and imply that he will leave, which is wrong.

This is spooky, did I miss something?

Owen Garvan (merged) - Page 47

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did the Garvan deal fall through because it would cause uproar to Palace fans losing 2 players to a rival club and make CPFC 2010 look ridiculous ?

Twente2

Jul 12, 2011

When will u learn to shut up and admit our team is better then urs and the best u can hope for is avoid relegation, now go back to ur little scummy smelly caravan site!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Will be interesting to see what has actually happened here if it ever comes out. Argus says that he didn't even leave the Palace training camp as expected to come here. Poyet sounds pissed off with him "When you agree terms with players and clubs and then they don't come there are probably other reasons. I think you should ask Owen Garvan." Intriguingly follows on with "If he says what we know, fine. If he changes the story then maybe we will come out and say what he told us".

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
i heard he turned up at Withdean, and thought sht this is no better than selhurst park

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
argus says he made no show

player/club agree terms but didnt show up

argus.jpg

goes on to say

garvan was expected to leave palace training camp in Exeter yesterday to complete the deal but he remained in the south-west

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wasn't very excited about Garvan anyway to be honest. You have to be suspect re a player who couldn't get in a very poor palarse team in their customary scrap against relegation. Although this is basing a lot on Freedman's opinion, who seems out of his depth as a football manager.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Palace owners are fans, and they will go that extra mile to piss on our chips.

The reason why they offered Muzza more money than anyone else was to take the shine of our promotion, and it worked. Instead of celebrating being CHAMPIONS, we fell for it and set up a lynch mob for the quietly spoken Cumbrian enigma.

Having agreed a fee for Garvan, don't be surprised if he was then offered a better contract at Palace, just to get us into a lather again. For the first time in decades we can not only compete with them in relation to signings, but spend more money, and they have devised a strategy to counteract this.

Our best reaction surely should not go into binfest mode, but just go 'Meh'.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am most definitely of the "meh" persuasion on this one

If he'd signed, ok, but out of all the players we've signed or been linked with so far, he would have been by some considerable distance the most underwhelming.

larus

I am most definitely of the "meh" persuasion on this one

If he'd signed, ok, but out of all the players we've signed or been linked with so far, he would have been by some considerable distance the most underwhelming.

I must admit that's how I felt.

CMS, Hoskins, Buckley and (wait for it ........) second-choice midfielder from relegation battling Palace team. God, I feel so deflated !!!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace owners are fans, and they will go that extra mile to piss on our chips.

The reason why they offered Muzza more money than anyone else was to take the shine of our promotion, and it worked. Instead of celebrating being CHAMPIONS, we fell for it and set up a lynch mob for the quietly spoken Cumbrian enigma.

Having agreed a fee for Garvan, don't be surprised if he was then offered a better contract at Palace, just to get us into a lather again. For the first time in decades we can not only compete with them in relation to signings, but spend more money, and they have devised a strategy to counteract this.

Our best reaction surely should not go into binfest mode, but just go 'Meh'.
I bet there really is a certain amount of truth in this. To be honest, Palace have been utter shit for two seasons, so we really shouldn't be cherry picking from their crap squad. Even when Ambrose eventually leaves, he will be massively over-priced.

We won't be challenging at the top if we obsess over taking their crap players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here