Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hard to get too excited either way about this, except the inevitable Palace gloating about keeping a player they told us was shit when it looked like he was off.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was never clear if he was coming, still not clear that he isn't (don't believe anything that Palace say). I have no idea if Gus really wants him, but I suspect if he does he will be signed up, and if he is just one of a number we are considering then he will not.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was never clear if he was coming, still not clear that he isn't (don't believe anything that Palace say). I have no idea if Gus really wants him, but I suspect if he does he will be signed up, and if he is just one of a number we are considering then he will not.

If we'd agreed a fee for him it suggests that Gus wanted him. Seems strange that negotiations collapsed so quickly but football is an unusual business, and never say never.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Andy Naylor tweet:

Gus on Garvan: "Everything was looking fine until yesterday. Something happened but we are not going to comment on that."

I wasn't that keen on signing him anyway.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On the Garvan topic, I've got mixed feelings. I've said along that he's slow as f***, can't tackle to save his life and is useless off the ball, but his passing and shooting is brilliant. I didn't think he was the right player for us, but he's determined to show that he is. He's obviously got a good attitude. I've said that he will become a good player but I'm not sure whether it'll be for us or someone else.

:laugh: f***ing priceless!!!

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I have to agree with you, Speroni won't leave. But have a bigger club ever come in for him, not that I know of, I may be wrong. Clyne is definitely going, who knows about Ambrose. At least you talk sense, not like that 5 zero prick!

Fulham wanted Speroni to replace Schwarzer who was off to Arsenal, and I think they enquired, but then Speroni signed a new deal in December, and I think that got Fulham to persuade Schwarzer to stay.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fulham wanted Speroni to replace Schwarzer who was off to Arsenal, and I think they enquired, but then Speroni signed a new deal in December, and I think that got Fulham to persuade Schwarzer to stay.
Schwarzer stayed because Arsenal didn't meet the fee they asked for.
They might have let him go cheaper if Shay Given hadn't turned them down both permanently and on loan.

Dunno what this has to do with anything or why I'm saying it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ahhhhh I see so Palarse were instrumental in the Fulham to Arsenal keeper saga ... the importance must be overwhelming.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Ahhhhh I see so Palarse were instrumental in the Fulham to Arsenal keeper saga ... the importance must be overwhelming.

You are either stupid or are doing this as a wind up... again where did I say that?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You are either stupid or are doing this as a wind up... again where did I say that?

Stupid I guess... clever Palace fan :shrug:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Stupid I guess... clever Palace fan :shrug:

Yes, you are right, purely because Speroni decided to stay Schwarzer suddenly wanted to stay.

The fact is Schwarzer wanted to leave, and Fulham were looking at alternatives, but when Speroni agreed to stay and any Given deal looked unlikely (Speroni was their first choice by the way), Fulham realised their best bet was to keep Schwarzer, whereas before they were looking for a replacement.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, you are right, purely because Speroni decided to stay Schwarzer suddenly wanted to stay.

The fact is Schwarzer wanted to leave, and Fulham were looking at alternatives, but when Speroni agreed to stay and any Given deal looked unlikely (Speroni was their first choice by the way), Fulham realised their best bet was to keep Schwarzer, whereas before they were looking for a replacement.

I refer you to the post I gave some moments ago...

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Andy Naylor tweet:

Gus on Garvan: "Everything was looking fine until yesterday. Something happened but we are not going to comment on that."

I wasn't that keen on signing him anyway.

Palace pulled out because they are selling another player?

We pulled out because someone higher on our wanted list has agreed to join instead?

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I refer you to the post I gave some moments ago...

Do explain to me the purpose of this post other than an attempt to try and look big and clever by returning with a sarcastic comment to a Palace fan, a comment which as I said serves no purpose as what I had said was true.

And we were. If Newcastle had persuaded Carroll to stay, would Torres be a Chelsea player now? No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here