Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh come on [MENTION=15941]pauldcpfc[/MENTION], tell us these exciting signings that has kept this Garvan character at your place... I'm salivating at the prospect of what you tell me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I will bet you anything Speroni doesn't leave us this summer.

I don't kid myself that pro footballers will never move away. It is the fact that Speroni is not the type of guy to go purely for money, and that he loves it here that make me certain he won't leave. He could have left in January if he wanted to.

Please find a quote where I have speculated his leaving the Nigel's. I am merely suggesting you are naive.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I realise that, but having been here 32 and showing absolutely no signs of not loving it here he has no reason to leave at all.

Another player without ambition then. He'll probably change his mind come May 2012 and 3rd tier football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sure you are 'hoping' this will happen Grimbo, but the reality is the above three players will more than likely be turning up at the Amex on 27/09/11 in CPFC colours and along with 8 other players proceed to play your mob off the hallowed turf! A scary thought for any BHAFC fan to have to deal with but I'm sure Gordan Greer and co will be able to deal with them...snigger...snigger...

One things for sure , Gordon Greer is going to "deal" with Judas :thumbsup:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Please find a quote where I have speculated his leaving the Nigel's. I am merely suggesting you are naive.

Where have I been naive? I have not made any generalisations, I have simply stated that Speroni will not want to leave, he just isn't that kind of guy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One things for sure , Gordon Greer is going to "deal" with Judas :thumbsup:

That's where your wrong though, the players are friends, it's only in the fetid imagination of delusional fans that they think that Gordon Greer (born Glasgow) will want to kick lumps out of Glenn Murray (birthplace Maryport) simply to appease the concept of 'revenge' in the minds of these fools, especially as he himself left Swindon to come to the Albion purely for money.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
At no point should an Albion scout be ever sent to view a Palace player with a view to signing. An absolute disgraceful decision that has turned into a pathetic shambles & those involved should hang their heads in shame. Never Again

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Where have I been naive? I have not made any generalisations, I have simply stated that Speroni will not want to leave, he just isn't that kind of guy.

I have to agree with you, Speroni won't leave. But have a bigger club ever come in for him, not that I know of, I may be wrong. Clyne is definitely going, who knows about Ambrose. At least you talk sense, not like that 5 zero prick!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Bennett is 22. With all respect (this isn't a Brighton dig) he wants what's best for his career, and at his age doesn't need to worry about stability, and so a move to the Premier League clearly left him with little to think about.

Speroni, having been with Palace what, 7 seasons I think, and being 32 and a father, won't be moving soon, and has a contract at a club he is adored at and loves (Bennett won't have had the same relationship with Brighton having only been there two seasons) and at 32 is coming to an age where being at a club he is happy at comes above money.

I actually agree with all of this post apart from the bit in brackets, Speroni probably will stay at Palace unless offered a really good Prem deal.

But Bennett did love Brighton, it was clear to see. Not just the club, but the city as well and I imagine it was an extremely hard decision to leave. He would have been stupid to turn it down though, which he is not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I think you are showing it in this post already. But as has been posted, why would he leave? No-one in the higher echelons has made enquiries about him (as far as we know), so a sideways step would be a bit of a nothing move really... Murray knows all about that, plus no ambition. Your naivety shines through when you are adamant that this Spaghetti bloke will not want to leave.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That's where your wrong though, the players are friends, it's only in the fetid imagination of delusional fans that they think that Gordon Greer (born Glasgow) will want to kick lumps out of Glenn Murray (birthplace Maryport) simply to appease the concept of 'revenge' in the minds of these fools, especially as he himself left Swindon to come to the Albion purely for money.

I can't work out who you support based on this thread.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So GG wont be daubing his face with blue paint and doling out a "Braveheart" speech to the rest of the team on September 27th ???

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
....don't know if it has already been said - but I smell a rat with this Garvan on/off transfer. Could it be a psychological ploy by cpfc management to undermine the Albion. If it is, it will not work; as Poyet once said - we are a proper club. We do not need to be duplicitous.......

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I have to agree with you, Speroni won't leave. But have a bigger club ever come in for him, not that I know of, I may be wrong. Clyne is definitely going, who knows about Ambrose. At least you talk sense, not like that 5 zero prick!

We rejected a bid from Fulham in Jan. They wanted him to replace Schwarzer who was going to Arsenal.

Clyne is almost certainly going, but Dougie has said he might keep him for the last year of his contract and get a couple of million at the tribunal. If we do cash in, we'll get £4/5m, 100% of which will be given to Dougie to reinvest.

Ambrose is very unlikely to go, as nobody at the club wants to lose him and Danns in he same preseason!

On the Garvan topic, I've got mixed feelings. I've said along that he's slow as f***, can't tackle to save his life and is useless off the ball, but his passing and shooting is brilliant. I didn't think he was the right player for us, but he's determined to show that he is. He's obviously got a good attitude. I've said that he will become a good player but I'm not sure whether it'll be for us or someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here