Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Means nothing , thats what we all said about Elliott Bennett after he signed a new deal.

Bennett is 22. With all respect (this isn't a Brighton dig) he wants what's best for his career, and at his age doesn't need to worry about stability, and so a move to the Premier League clearly left him with little to think about.

Speroni, having been with Palace what, 7 seasons I think, and being 32 and a father, won't be moving soon, and has a contract at a club he is adored at and loves (Bennett won't have had the same relationship with Brighton having only been there two seasons) and at 32 is coming to an age where being at a club he is happy at comes above money.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
How on earth did you go into administration twice then? A bit of money laundering going on in the Selhurst caravan?

This is since CPFC2010 took over. The likes of Kuqi etc from pre-admin recently were on silly money. I heard AJ was on stupid, and I mean really stupid, money when he signed a new deal after relegation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah our wage structure where no-one gets paid over £12k a week... and only 2 are £10k and above.

And Garvan isn't a high earner.

He would only have been offered what we thought he was worth not what his agent wanted.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
The signing of a new contract is for clubs to make sure they gain maximum revenue from a player that wants to leave. It is not a guarantee that he is not 'going anywhere'. Oh and [MENTION=14492]Chrystal Palace[/MENTION], Elliott Bennett loved Brighton too.

I'm sure he did. But Speroni is similar to Freedman in that they have come to the stage in their career having been here so long and been idolised by many for so long that it would take something special to move them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bennett is 22. With all respect (this isn't a Brighton dig) he wants what's best for his career, and at his age doesn't need to worry about stability, and so a move to the Premier League clearly left him with little to think about.

Speroni, having been with Palace what, 7 seasons I think, and being 32 and a father, won't be moving soon, and has a contract at a club he is adored at and loves (Bennett won't have had the same relationship with Brighton having only been there two seasons) and at 32 is coming to an age where being at a club he is happy at comes above money.

That's ok then because 32 is well old for a keeper... why move out of his mobile home in New Addington? You keep kidding yourself that pro footballers will never move away.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Thick as well as shit if he can't get into your team. Bigger names please Gus. I so hope you lot go down, I will piss my pants laughing..........
36 years without being in League 1 and despite the ineptness of the alcoholic Burley, finished one place higher last year.

Enjoy your shock of being in the Championship. Don't cry about it when Doncaster pass the ball around you on the 6th August.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
36 years without being in League 1 and despite the ineptness of the alcoholic Burley, finished one place higher last year.

Enjoy your shock of being in the Championship. Don't cry about it when Doncaster pass the ball around you on the 6th August.

So because you havent been in the 3rd tier for 36 years means that you will never be in the 3rd tier again does it?

LOL. You haven't seen us play, we'll rip you apart.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Being a goalie he knows he can play at quite a high level until he is 39 or 40 , still plenty of time to jump ship before the transfer window closes to join a better club.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
plus Ambrose , Clyne and possibly Speroni all going before the season kicks off.

I'm sure you are 'hoping' this will happen Grimbo, but the reality is the above three players will more than likely be turning up at the Amex on 27/09/11 in CPFC colours and along with 8 other players proceed to play your mob off the hallowed turf! A scary thought for any BHAFC fan to have to deal with but I'm sure Gordan Greer and co will be able to deal with them...snigger...snigger...

Last edited:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
That's ok then because 32 is well old for a keeper... why move out of his mobile home in New Addington? You keep kidding yourself that pro footballers will never move away.

I will bet you anything Speroni doesn't leave us this summer.

I don't kid myself that pro footballers will never move away. It is the fact that Speroni is not the type of guy to go purely for money, and that he loves it here that make me certain he won't leave. He could have left in January if he wanted to.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
now this garvan thing looks dead, can all these palace fans f*** off from our board and stop filling every thread with the same shit.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Being a goalie he knows he can play at quite a high level until he is 39 or 40 , still plenty of time to jump ship before the transfer window closes to join a better club.

I realise that, but having been here 32 and showing absolutely no signs of not loving it here he has no reason to leave at all.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
So because you havent been in the 3rd tier for 36 years means that you will never be in the 3rd tier again does it?

LOL. You haven't seen us play, we'll rip you apart.
I'm shaking in my boots.

Liam Bridcutt, the guy so shit, he got taken off in the 2nd friendly he played for Palace last season and got his trial ended early.

Brighton, taking Palace's cast-offs as always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports