Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They'll jump ship next season, none of them will want to play 3rd tier football.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
True the others did 'a Murray'.

Danns did, yes, but you can't blame him, Leicester seem to be offering stupid money at the moment to anyone and everyone.

Claude Davis we withdrew our contract offer, which was stupid of us, but there you go.

Djilali went as he wanted to play football, and probably won't get much money as he will be going down a league or two to get games.

Vaughan was only on loan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Danns did, yes, but you can't blame him, Leicester seem to be offering stupid money at the moment to anyone and everyone.

Claude Davis we withdrew our contract offer, which was stupid of us, but there you go.

Djilali went as he wanted to play football, and probably won't get much money as he will be going down a league or two to get games.

Vaughan was only on loan.

plus Ambrose , Clyne and possibly Speroni all going before the season kicks off.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
wave to the palace fans
smiley-finger007.gif

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
“[MENTION=882]Rich[/MENTION]CawleySLP: Told Garvan wants to stay at #cpfc and fight for his place.”

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
plus Ambrose , Clyne and possibly Speroni all going before the season kicks off.

Yup, if we get enough money for them. No need to sell. Ambrose will take a biggish offer, probably from Warnock. Clyne only has a year left, but it looks like we are willing to risk a low fee at the tribunal and keep him for another year unless we get a decent offer. Speroni is going nowhere, he only just signed a new deal and loves the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
“[MENTION=882]Rich[/MENTION]CawleySLP: Told Garvan wants to stay at #cpfc and fight for his place.”

I thought he was being evicted from his council flat for parking his mum's caravan on the grass verge.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Couldn't really say anything else really though could he. Good luck to the lad, I hope he makes the breakthrough this year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

We obviously offered him within our wage structure and not money that sees clubs go into administration once or twice. Shame he, like Murray, have no ambition though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Garvan really is content to fight for his place at Palace, he's not the player for us. I suspect, however, he's unhappy with the money that we offered. If so, he's a greedy barstard and we don't want him here.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The signing of a new contract is for clubs to make sure they gain maximum revenue from a player that wants to leave. It is not a guarantee that he is not 'going anywhere'. Oh and [MENTION=14492]Chrystal Palace[/MENTION], Elliott Bennett loved Brighton too.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Says it all really boys and girls. He'd rather stay at the bigger club and risk being 5th choice than join little BHAFC! :lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Complications ? I was just starting to wonder if he was the new Robbie Pethick. It was Pethick who set off for Brighton and ended up lost in Bognor I believe.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah our wage structure where no-one gets paid over £12k a week... and only 2 are £10k and above.

And Garvan isn't a high earner.

How on earth did you go into administration twice then? A bit of money laundering going on in the Selhurst caravan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here