Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh dear, if the deal is off, will the Palarse scum start telling us he's good again?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Diddicoi has cost £400k plus £300k with add ons , so if Clyne goes for £5M how much will CPFC2010 say is left over ? :lol:

We haven't used our budget yet. Any money we make from sales is added to the budget.

So we'd have the remainder of our budget + £5m left?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You really are a whining little Nigel aren't you 'Glen-Murray'? ... pop along to you're own message board there's a good boy.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Oh dear, if the deal is off, will the Palarse scum start telling us he's good again?

I have said from the start I want to keep him, because I like a few others and hopefully Dougie believe that he does have something to offer - he is I'd say one of the top 3 passers in our squad, and can clearly hit a ball well as shown by his 3 goals this season. And for all the times people go on about Ambrose's set pieces, but we scored from two corners last season - both taken by Garvan (in our only away win of the season). As I said before, his lack of pace and reluctance to tackle means he is very much a squad player, but with the ball at the feet IMO he has the potential to be very effective at this level.

Which is why if we sell him I don't want him to go to you lot, because I think he will do very well with you if he leaves.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
We haven't used our budget yet. Any money we make from sales is added to the budget.

You have used some of your budget though you idiot, just because their isn't a transfer fee it doesn't mean money doesnt come out of your budget?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I thought Freedman was told to sell players if he wanted to bring in any new faces. In effect the budget was zero and do watch out where ALL the transfer money goes :thumbsup:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I thought Freedman was told to sell players if he wanted to bring in any new faces. In effect the budget was zero and do watch out where ALL the transfer money goes :thumbsup:

This was never true, it has been confirmed in quite a few places that we don't need to sell to buy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I have said from the start I want to keep him, because I like a few others and hopefully Dougie believe that he does have something to offer - he is I'd say one of the top 3 passers in our squad, and can clearly hit a ball well as shown by his 3 goals this season. And for all the times people go on about Ambrose's set pieces, but we scored from two corners last season - both taken by Garvan (in our only away win of the season). As I said before, his lack of pace and reluctance to tackle means he is very much a squad player, but with the ball at the feet IMO he has the potential to be very effective at this level.

Which is why if we sell him I don't want him to go to you lot, because I think he will do very well with you if he leaves.
hahaha

Didn't take long.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
“[MENTION=882]Rich[/MENTION]CawleySLP: Owen Garvan deal in doubt, suggestion earlier today that couldn't agree terms with Brighton. #cpfc”

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
maybe we have had some good news regarding some higher level targets today and means garvan isnt such a priority..... just sayin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports