Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Here we go again. Palace's faith in Murray is borderline delusional. He's a good league one striker not Samuel Eto'o

To be fair, not many of us are making him seem like a world beater. He seems a tidy player and should do alright in the Cnampionship. I don't think its unreasonable to expect him to get at least 10, considering the service he'll be getting. Especially if partnered with some of our targets for our second striker like Rhodes.

He scored more than Simeon Jackson did in L1, I believe, and he made the step up seem easy. I'm not expecting Glenn to do the same, but I'm expecting him to do alright.

After all, he's got as much second tier experience as most of your team has, and you're expecting them to cope. With all due respect to your accomplishment, he's playing with an established and better skilled team now. With the likes of Ambrose providing crosses and through balls, he should be fine.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Booooooring.

We've got the best keeper in the League, the best defender and one of the best forwards.

You can actually say that when you've got a keeper like Speroni, a defender as good as Clyne, a midfielder as good as KG or a forward as good as Ambrose.

You're signing a Palace reserve for a reasonable fee, and that makes you think you can gloat?!!?

What a tit. Speroni better than Ben Foster? more call ups than Rob Green?

Clyne, better than Upson?

Kagagoogoo is shit, I have seen him play. should fit in well in such a shit team. All of our current, midfielders are better than KG you f**kwit

Ambrose? not bad. but he'll be a QPR or Brighton player pretty soon

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Strange that Leicester didn't snap him up then rather than splash £5m on Matthew Mills. Unless, of course, I've missed the news story about you turning the down £5m for Clyne?

Matt Mills is a CB. Clyne is a RB.

Leicester are trying to snap him up for the same fee as we speak.

Moron.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Strange that Leicester didn't snap him up then rather than splash £5m on Matthew Mills. Unless, of course, I've missed the news story about you turning the down £5m for Clyne?

I'm sure the young man meant to say best FULL-BACK. Shame on him!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Kagagoogoo is shit, I have seen him play. should fit in well in such a shit team. All of our current, midfielders are better than KG you f**kwit

:facepalm::facepalm:

Double face palm!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
That Palace forum is ridiculous like.

I'm still waiting for them to give us our 'first real Championship test' that we were promised on there before we turned them over with ease at Selhurst Park.
Get back in Sunderlands shadow.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It will probably transpire that Garvan wasn't able to play to the best of his ability due to the dross about him and that with good TEAM players and coaching he will aspire to greater heights. Gus has said many times he doesn't have the best players about but the best team, as time will show. If Garvan can add to that team then that is ok for me.

This indeed. We will however, need to give him a bloody good scrub down to remove the tic's and other nasty's that he has inevitably picked up in THAT dirty and unholy place.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
With all due respect to your accomplishment, he's playing with an established and better skilled team now. With the likes of Ambrose providing crosses and through balls, he should be fine.

If you really believe that horseshit, you're delusional. Better skilled? you're having a laugh. Just wait till the 27th sweetcheeks, you won't hardly get a kick. Our skill in possession is miles superior to your direct and defensive game.

you won't believe it now, you'll hold onto the delusion, you'll still deny it on the 28th of Sep, but you will all witness it the night before, if any you bother to fill the away end this time.

One thing we do much better than you right now, is play football

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Upson, Foster and Green won't play a single game in the second tier.

None of your current midfielders are as good as any of our current midfielders. Happy to help.

You lot were creaming yourselves over Ambrose when some spotty kid invented a rumour about him coming to your shoddy outfit. It's a hilarious joke, I'm sure you'll agree. Surely even you can see that he's far too good to even consider you? As for QPR, Warnock will soon be gone and their interest (if it even exists after he turned them down last year to sign a new 3 year deal) will dissipate.

Our chairman wouldn't sell a good player to you in a million years. They've made it quite clear that "a move to Brighton is a career move South for any player".

It's the same tedious crap they spout isn't it which has been explained countless times and yet they can't grasp it re Murray.

Just makes me want the season to start even more. Once they're rock bottom and Murray has a grand total of zero goals a good way into the season we won't have to read their AMAZING TEAM and internationals bollocks.

You two chumps sound like kids in the playground with Top Trump cards. Shit off already you pair of wankerish bores.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
So you WONT have the 'best' defender anymore?

I'm struggling to see your boasting angle here....

It depends whether we accept the offer. If we do, we'll have the money to sign 3/4 exceptional players. Is Clyne going to be the best right back in the country? Probably. Would we be able to build a promotion side with the money we get? Its likely.

It's a win/win for us. I'm struggling to see your boasting angle here....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You lot were creaming yourselves over Ambrose when some spotty kid invented a rumour about him coming to your shoddy outfit. It's a hilarious joke, I'm sure you'll agree. Surely even you can see that he's far too good to even consider you?

Yes I should imagine he'd want to stay at Palace and hone his talent in the company of all those experienced internationals you've signed. Please do remind us (I could do with a laugh) which countries were they from again?

:clap::clap:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It depends whether we accept the offer. If we do, we'll have the money to sign 3/4 exceptional players. Is Clyne going to be the best right back in the country? Probably. Would we be able to build a promotion side with the money we get? Its likely.

It's a win/win for us. I'm struggling to see your boasting angle here....

A promotion side?! There is plenty of 40/1 available. Fill your booties.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
A promotion side?! There is plenty of 40/1 available. Fill your booties.

I have done. £20. I think the bookies are counting on us losing Ambrose, Speroni and Clyne and not replacing them because we need to hold off the taxman as we're in so much debt.

Thankfully they're wrong on all counts.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Don't buy any of this really.

People said you couldnt get out L1 with football , people said we wouldnt beat Pompey with football , people said we wouldnt beat watford with football and it goes on. If we continue as we have been then no fears. Yes we will come up short sometimes but don't see why total football approach wont work. Swansea did it well and look at them. Your comment about edge of the seat stuff at Palace, with respect I suspect this was probably still light years behind the stuff we have been playing. I remember a few comments about Russells Slades style at the time but our eyes have been opened to a level above. I doubt you appreciate this yet but I suspect you will !

You had good results against Pompey and Watford - so did we under Burley's style of passing football, but that still didn't stop us being in the bottom 6 nearly all season.

The arrogance from you guys is funny, understandable after a league winning season, but funny nonetheless. If you read my earlier post about Swansea very much being the exception - most teams who do well in the championship do well based upon their defensive capabilities rather than their attacking prowess. When the two combine (a la Swansea) it is excellent. The reason I mentioned the Stoke match was because a lot of your fans were giving it the whole 'our passing style will give Stoke some food for thought' etc etc, yet their route one hoof-ball was far more effective. OK that was a Premier league example, but the teams who excel at fast-paced aggressive football in the championship will probably show you that the 'tika-taka' style that you adopt will face a sterner test than you had for the majority of last seaon.

Of course anything can happen in the league - and you may settle in well and have a good campaign - it is impossible to say. However, the attitude that what you have going on at the moment at BHA is some sort of 'football revolution' is a little wide of the mark - and the idea of keeping the ball on the deck and passing it around has been a tactic employed for as long as any of us can remember. You won the league well and did it playing good football - don't assume that will translate as well to the NPC.

Your comment about 'light-years' ahead is quite funny really. Given that a) you probably didn't see any of it and b) the quality of the opposition was undoubtedly higher means that you cannot substantiate that comment. As I said before, the quality of the movement, passing and play under Burley was reminiscent of the football Steve Bruce had us playing around 10 years ago. What was lacking was the defensive skills when the opposition had the ball. That was our downfall. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Sorry - I've missed this news story too. Where is it?

SandownEagle on Twitter. Has accurately predicted dates and fees for every one of Leicesters signings days before they made the press. Widely known by Palace and Leicester fans for being spot on 100% of the time, which is why he's got 100's of LC followers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here