Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
square pegs, square holes
round pegs, round holes
simples

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Had he played a full season that might have been a fair comparison. Instead, he joined late. His goals/game suggests he would have scored 16 last year.

Matt Sparrow scored 2 in the first game last year.

He therefore should have scored 60 goals last season....

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
How many regular international first team players do you have in your squad? How many players worth over £1m? I doubt e answer is more than 1.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Booooooring.

We've got the best keeper in the League, the best defender and one of the best forwards.

You can actually say that when you've got a keeper like Speroni, a defender as good as Clyne, a midfielder as good as KG or a forward as good as Ambrose.

Err, he supports Newcastle so he probably can say that...

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I'm sure Gustavo offered a 2 year deal? No?

Not sure what was exactly offered but Yes Gus did make him an offer to stay but the offer was based on Glenn not being the first choice striker and potentially more of a bench player. Glenn took offence and the rest is now history.
Personally, I like Glenn ( when he can be arsed), if you can get him motivated I think he will score in the region of 10 to 15 goals but a lot of expectation on him now in his first season in the Championship.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Booooooring.

We've got the best keeper in the League, the best defender and one of the best forwards.

You can actually say that when you've got a keeper like Speroni, a defender as good as Clyne, a midfielder as good as KG or a forward as good as Ambrose.

Err, he supports Newcastle so he probably can say that...

Oh. Balls. :)

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm sure our Glenn will smash in at least 15 next season. Considering he'll be getting service from a better class of player it can only be good for both him and us!

Here we go again. Palace's faith in Murray is borderline delusional. He's a good league one striker not Samuel Eto'o

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
How many regular international first team players do you have in your squad? How many players worth over £1m? I doubt e answer is more than 1.

:facepalm:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
5 zero and glenn-murray join my ignore list.

Who the f*** wants to hear anything from a palace fan?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Booooooring.

You're signing a Palace reserve for a reasonable fee, and that makes you think you can gloat?!!?

but yet you struggled against relegation for pretty much the entire season, something doesn't add up there

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Oh, no, no please don't make yourself look even more ridiculous by going on about the 'non-footballing nations' internationals you've signed. Have you made a decision on that Papua New Guinea forward yet or are you waiting to see if the guy from the Maldives might sign first?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
but yet you struggled against relegation for pretty much the entire season, something doesn't add up there

You're right...George Burley's inability to sign and/or play a holding midfielder and then Danns and Ambrose missing months of the season.

Playing Garvan there was an absolute disaster, but I suspect Poyet wouldn't do that.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
5 zero and glenn-murray join my ignore list.

Who the f*** wants to hear anything from a palace fan?

It's the same tedious crap they spout isn't it which has been explained countless times and yet they can't grasp it re Murray.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It will probably transpire that Garvan wasn't able to play to the best of his ability due to the dross about him and that with good TEAM players and coaching he will aspire to greater heights. Gus has said many times he doesn't have the best players about but the best team, as time will show. If Garvan can add to that team then that is ok for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports