Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Hi, I'm an Ausie born and bred lad.

Mile Jedinak isn't anything to get excited about. Fact.

Nothing more than a good average footballer who isn't in our best starting XI.

A good average footballer? Sounds like a glowing reference from a Brighton fan! Cheers.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Don't talk shit about players you know nothing about.

That's the point.

Jedinak was woeful at the WC. Chris Wood showed more in his time on the pitch.

With all due respect, your whole team was woeful.

Anyway, best of luck with Garvan. I just wanted to give you a balanced view. If you didn't like what you heard, I'm sorry. I could tell you he's the best thing since sliced bread if you like, but then you'd be horribly disappointed.

At least you've signed one Owen this summer eh? ;)

Bye bye!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love the fact Palace have NO class, I literally can't wait until 27th September when our football will do the talking. Pre-season training camp in Exeter, living the dream :lol:

Who you playing, a Devon XI ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm also enjoying the fickleness of Brighton fans, who always loved to bring up our "overspending" - up until now. Funny old game.

Now this I agree with! We've been serial under-spenders for pretty much ever and a day, now that we have some cash to spend, we should understand that we should never take anything for granted, the stakes are rising far above what we have ever experienced in pure money terms.

Having said that, I trust Tony Bloom completely, I just hope he isn't gambling all this on the flop :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Heading back fronm Palace training camp in Exeter, could be done deal today.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Palace overspent into administration - twice. Feel free to pop back should we do the same (which won't be happening.)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Precisely.

Come on, it's far easier for S. Africa or Australia to qualify for a World Cup than Scotland. Australia are pretty much guaranteed qualification, even in the Asian section. They would almost certainly not qualify in European qualification.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lets not forget, South Africa were hosts....

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
So if we signed Charlie Adam that would be rubbish as he is Scottish, thus not in the world cup?

Good Logic....

Quite. Was thinking the same thing about Ryan Giggs - Wales didn't qualify, so him not being at the WC must mean he's terrible and worse than everybody in the Australian team. :jester:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Oh Hawaii you are priceless, bigging up two players who played at the last world cup for those two footballing giants South Africa & Australia! Your point being what exactly? Based on your rather bizarre reasoning then I suppose next you will be signing an Algerian (played in the world cup of course), a North Korean (world cup obviously) & a part timer from Switzerland (don't forget the tenuous WC2010 link there) who will all be massive stars and the future of Palace because yep you guessed it they played at last years World Cup. What a complete plank you and your other deluded parasites are, carry on signing players no-one has ever heard of and enjoy your season of struggle. You haven't mentioned Murray in your last few posts come on you're slipping! I'm quite chuffed we've signed two players better than Murray and with first class attitudes which is what Gus builds his team on, Murray was a square peg in a round hole here and you'll find out all about him soon enough - I'll be here to remind you and enjoy the fact immensely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports