Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Would that be because you or your extra rich owners cannot get or afford a better manager: Lets wait and see what happens as regards Freedman.

Well we paid George Burley (who had a great track record in the Championship) more than we're paying Freedman, and look how that worked out.

I'm delighted with DF so far and have full confidence we'll finish comfortably between 10th-16th this season. Which is significant progress.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Hmm, I don't remember Will Hoskins or Craig Mackail Smith playing at the World Cup. Funny that.

No, but I do remember Chris Wood playing at the World Cup (for the only team not to lose a game at the tournament, too... :jester: ) - and he wouldn't get in our team now.

Not a sign that our front-line is world-class, but does show that "he played at the world cup" really doesn't mean anything.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If Palace didn't rate Bridcutt that is the best reason so far to be optimistic about Garvan. Doubt he will often be part of a "central two" anyway, because of the players we already have and sounds like he's more suited to a three man midfield anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Where have I ever said I hated George Burley? You're just making things up now.

ok not you personally but your clubs fans in general the point still stands

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hmm, I don't remember Will Hoskins or Craig Mackail Smith playing at the World Cup. Funny that.

I don't remember the new players you have brought in playing at the World Cup either, and if you are honest, neither do you. In fact, I'd go as far as to say you had never heard of them until they were linked. It's a silly point anyway isn't it, Chris Wood played at the World Cup and you won't find anyone who would place him ahead of the two players of ours you have mentioned.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
No, but I do remember Chris Wood playing at the World Cup (for the only team not to lose a game at the tournament, too... :jester: ) - and he wouldn't get in our team now.

Not a sign that our front-line is world-class, but does show that "he played at the world cup" really doesn't mean anything.

Being a regular for Australia and South Africa holds far more weight than being a bench warmer for New Zealand. You know that.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Doubt he will often be part of a "central two" anyway, because of the players we already have and sounds like he's more suited to a three man midfield anyway.

Correct. Play him in a midfield three as the "luxury" player and you might get something out of him. Otherwise your midfield will be sliced apart.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Being a regular for Australia and South Africa holds far more weight than being a bench warmer for New Zealand. You know that.

Is this a joke? Australia and South Africa? Being an International for Scotland (CMS) holds more wait than those 2 nations. You really are deluded mate.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

If you want to word it like that, it would seem so, yeah. He came on in all three games though, despite only being 18 at the time, so "bench warmer" seems a little harsh? One of the youngest players at the tournament, I'd imagine.

For me, the basic point still stands - "he was at the world cup" doesn't mean much. Even it does though, it doesn't mean as much as their performances will on 27th Sept :thumbsup:

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Is this a joke? Australia and South Africa? Being an International for Scotland (CMS) holds more wait than those 2 nations. You really are deluded mate.

FIFA World Rankings:

22nd - Australia
47th - South Africa
61st - Scotland
97th - New Zealand

Happy to help.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
From reading the comments on BBS, he'll be great when we've got the ball, but not so great when we haven't. Hawaii obviously doesn't realise that we are a keep-ball team.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CMS is Scottish, They weren't in the World cup - how would he have played?

Will Hoskins is English, and therefore didn't have a chance of playing in the world cup, as would none of your team.

That Dickaboy guy you have played for South Africa. A bit easier to qualify in Africa than Europe, and easier to get in the squad than England. Your point doesn't stand for anything.

As it goes, we had a World Cup striker playing for us last year. Not many of us want him back.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Hi, I'm an Ausie born and bred lad.

Mile Jedinak isn't anything to get excited about. Fact.

Nothing more than a good average footballer who isn't in our best starting XI.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Naylor reporting Garvan left the Palace training camp (In Exeter :lol:) to come to Brighton. Should be wrapped up today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here