Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Destroyer :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Believe me, Garvan couldn't even destroy an ant.

So a central midfield consisting of two Palace rejects is going to get you promoted is it? Good luck with that!

lol, because two players who would play better in a more attractive-football-ing side.

So your STAR striker as an Albion reject is going to save you? Good luck with THAT!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
lol, because two players who would play better in a more attractive-football-ing side.

So your STAR striker as an Albion reject is going to save you? Good luck with THAT!

this

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That Ambrose thing is blatantly a wind up, although 'likes to think he's ITK' Mark by the Sea has also posted on Argus we will be getting Ambrose and Garvan for a deal worth 2m and this could be the two players we are expected to sign this week.

A load of bollocks though I reckon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That Ambrose thing is blatantly a wind up, although 'likes to think he's ITK' Mark by the Sea has also posted on Argus we will be getting Ambrose and Garvan for a deal worth 2m and this could be the two players we are expected to sign this week.

A load of bollocks though I reckon.

would be very funny though :)

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011

Your midfield will get pasted if they're your central pairing, believe me. You need strength and athleticism in the middle of the park in this division. Garvan has neither. I'm not just saying this - it's a fact, which Ipswich fans will back up.

Ahhh, now. We didn't want to keep Bridcutt or Garvan, you wanted to keep Murray. Garvan was a bench warmer for us, Murray was a regular for you. Some subtle differences there. Don't let the facts get in the way though, Sammy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your midfield will get pasted if they're your central pairing, believe me. You need strength and athleticism in the middle of the park in this division. Garvan has neither. I'm not just saying this - it's a fact which Ipswich fans will back up.

Ahhh, now. We didn't want to keep Bridcutt or Garvan, you wanted to keep Murray. Garvan was a bench warmer for us, Murray was a regular for you. Some subtle differences there. Don't let the facts get in the way though will you, Sammy.

I thought that Ambrose was supposed to be your best midfielder. Garvan could follow the example of many players who were not good enough with 1 manager but the bees knees with another, who knew how to play them to their best ability. Yes Murray was a regular and we would love to have kept him as back up not first choice as the 2 we have bought are both better, as they will prove, but Murray wasn't prepared to be bit player from the bench hence he joined you for a regular starting position plus a higher wage than we offered him. That was simply because Gus didn't value him as high as your joke manager does. What will happen when you struggle and at Christmas your board sack Freedman and bring in another manager.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Your midfield will get pasted if they're your central pairing, believe me. You need strength and athleticism in the middle of the park in this division. Garvan has neither. I'm not just saying this - it's a fact, which Ipswich fans will back up.

Ahhh, now. We didn't want to keep Bridcutt or Garvan, you wanted to keep Murray. Garvan was a bench warmer for us, Murray was a regular for you. Some subtle differences there. Don't let the facts get in the way though, Sammy.

I'll assume you didn't see Bridcutt play last season, but at times he was the best player in our team. This being one that one the league easily, so he'll be able to handle the championship.

Jul 24, 2010
Brighton

Excellent logic. You clearly have a thorough understanding of football.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

I would imagine only one of Bridcutt or Garvan (probably Bridcutt to start with) will be in our starting 11, Garvan will be signing as back up. We have Dicker, Sparrow & Buckley all ahead of Garvan if he signs and we are still in the market for more players so don't delude yourself thinking our midfield is going to be lightweight and not a match for your lot. You seem intent on getting more mileage out of your star signing Murray who we didn't value enough to keep so were happy to let go but hey keep going with that. Your last line makes no sense at all, we are paying good money for good players whilst you are scrabbling around signing players no-one has ever heard of but they are massive international stars aren't they :facepalm:

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
I thought that Ambrose was supposed to be your best midfielder. Garvan could follow the example of many players who were not good enough with 1 manager but the bees knees with another, who knew how to play them to their best ability. Yes Murray was a regular and we would love to have kept him as back up not first choice as the 2 we have bought are both better, as they will prove, but Murray wasn't prepared to be bit player from the bench hence he joined you for a regular starting position plus a higher wage than we offered him. That was simply because Gus didn't value him as high as your joke manager does. What will happen when you struggle and at Christmas your board sack Freedman and bring in another manager.

I thought this was a sensible post after the first couple of sentences, but then you really let yourself down.

We're not predicting a top 6 finish like some deluded fools in this league. We will be happy finishing mid table and continuing our progress under a young manager who has shown a lot of promise in his short time in charge. No matter where we are at Christmas, Freedman will be here for the longrun.

Enjoy being frustrated by Garvan's lack of athleticism and effort x

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We didn't want to keep Bridcutt

Firstly, at no stage was Bridcutt ever yours 'to keep'. He had a trial there, and it never got to the point that they discussed terms. A trial works both ways.

When was the trial anyway? During Burley's time? The old soak was probably pissed up at the time, so I wouldn't value his judgement too highly.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
we are paying good money for good players whilst you are scrabbling around signing players no-one has ever heard of but they are massive international stars aren't they :facepalm:

Hmm, I don't remember Will Hoskins or Craig Mackail Smith playing at the World Cup. Funny that.

I'm also enjoying the fickleness of Brighton fans, who always loved to bring up our "overspending" - up until now. Funny old game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IWe will be happy finishing mid table and continuing our progress under a young manager who has shown a lot of promise in his short time in charge. No matter where we are at Christmas, Freedman will be here for the longrun.

Would that be because you or your extra rich owners cannot get or afford a better manager: Lets wait and see what happens as regards Freedman.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

So a manager you hated and said wrecked your team buying crap was correct in not giving Bridcutt a contract? Bless

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Firstly, at no stage was Bridcutt ever yours 'to keep'. He had a trial there, and it never got to the point that they discussed terms. A trial works both ways.

When was the trial anyway? During Burley's time? The old soak was probably pissed up at the time, so I wouldn't value his judgement too highly.

We had him on trial for a few games last pre-season. He looked far too lightweight for this league (yes I was present at these friendlies) and we declared we wouldn't be signing him. I guess the proof will be in the pudding this season eh?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Bridcutt a Palace reject eh, we have dealt with this one before. Ian Wright was a Brighton reject. Every club makes mistakes. Your club made a huge error in not offering terms to Bridcutt, it really isn't something to crow about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports