Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DanielT

We bid £250k about a week ago, presumed to have been rejected. Today reports suggest we have upped our bid and its been accepted. Just terms and medical to sort out now

the first bid was just shy of the price for a new caravan for the board meetings. We've now thrown in a gas bottle to sweeten the deal and it's all good

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
As one of the few that rated him, i'm not as happy with this as some people are. Yes he's painfully slow and shy away from every challenge, but his left foot is superb. Although I'd have liked him to stay, we really can't keep someone worth a significant fee as fourth choice - it's bad business and not fair on him.

We were taking a final look at Garvan and Dorman in preseason. Looks like only one of them made the cut. Good luck to him as soon as he leaves you. While he might be distinctly average at the moment, he has big potential. We also made a profit on him, which was nice.

As predicted a palace fans turns up and to sum up says he's crap and not good enough for them.

Garvan at Palace is like handing a formula one car to your average driver, i.e he won't have a clue how to drive it. Garvan at the Albion under Gus will be like providing the car with Sebastian Vettel.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
GONE NOW.... cant find it :(

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
what was added??

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Blimey, you are a precious one, aren't you?

If you like I can update your account to say "Called the Owen Garvan transfer first" in big blue flashing writing, accentuated with a few fireworks.

..... riiiight.

Yeah I'll pass on that.. I wasn't being precious, I just thought it was separate enough to have it's own thread - others agreed. Whatever floats your boat though Bozza..

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Taken from the current page.

Pwopa nawty boys. haha.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Ambrose is expected to put pen to paper on a 4 year deal with newly promoted Brighton & Hove Albion after agreeing terms. The transfer fee is reported to be in the region of £2,000,000 with add ons and other clauses.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Taken from the current page.

Pwopa nawty boys. haha.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Ambrose is expected to put pen to paper on a 4 year deal with newly promoted Brighton & Hove Albion after agreeing terms. The transfer fee is reported to be in the region of £2,000,000 with add ons and other clauses.

And his career statistics, show 2011-12 season a Brighton Player!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm really confused now, who we supposed to be signing...Garvan or Ambrose??

I don't think i could take both, i might just bust a nut!

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
The good rats are leaving the League One bound ship. Destroyer Garvan will blow a hole in the scums net to put them out of their misery!

Destroyer :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Believe me, Garvan couldn't even destroy an ant.

So a central midfield consisting of two Palace rejects is going to get you promoted is it? Good luck with that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports