Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We paid a fee to take Dicker on loan at the end of the great escape season if I remember right - suggested at the time that it was around £50K and included a priority/right to buy clause in the loan deal. We then had to wait until late in pre-season to confirm his signature because of Stockport's administration problems. Once resolved I think he cost us another £50K or £100K so somewhere between £100-150,000 all in. Very good value IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We paid a fee to take Dicker on loan at the end of the great escape season if I remember right - suggested at the time that it was around £50K and included a priority/right to buy clause in the loan deal. We then had to wait until late in pre-season to confirm his signature because of Stockport's administration problems. Once resolved I think he cost us another £50K or £100K so somewhere between £100-150,000 all in. Very good value IMO.

That was my view of the scenario surrounding Dicker as you say either way he was good value for money.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I honestly wouldn't believe our Dougie when he talks to the press. He also said that we are not in for Murray if you recall 2 weeks before he signed. Our board came onto the BBS two days ago informing us first-hand that there really is no need to sell (although of course every player will have their price).

As I stated earlier, I'd be surprised if Garvan went for £250k, but I have no idea what Dougie and the board would think about the offer. We'll see I guess.

Seriously though guys, our team really is not having a walk-out. The only player who is likely to go is Danns. If Ambrose or Clyne follow, it'll be to a Prem team (most likely QPR) and both for a couple million each, easily.

I don't think either will be gone be the start of the season though and all in all I think we'll have a fuller team than this year.

I do not know how a chat about Garvan has derailed into a supposition that the Palace team is all leaving. If anything it is you guys who have lost your 20-goal / season striker and your best midfielder (and arguably best player). Who knows if LuaLua will sign and your other young and promising striker could be off to another Championship club.

Whilst neither of us know where we'll be squad-wise in August, you guys have lost more than we have so far - so to keep on that we're falling apart is very, very wide of the mark.

That is all for now.

Being a veteran of 1000+ posts mate, you can't expect to post a thoughtful reasoned comment from a Palace supporter, and expect it to go uderided on an Albion site. After all we all all supposed to be transmitting from caravan parks and public facilities, surrounded by bawling wives and children with their arms stretched out.

Why does that scenario remind me of places with a BN postcode, I wonder....:whistle:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Freedman told the South London Press: "Brighton have enquired about Owen but I'm reluctant to let him go because he is such a good player.

"He didn't find himself in the team at the end of last season but I'm sure if he comes back and gets his head down that his quality will shine through.

"Time will tell if that is in our team or someone else's."

Thats is a very limp wristed impression of a manager who wants to keep a player

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Crystal Palace boss Dougie Freedman is keen to keep hold of Owen Garvan after Brighton made a bid for the midfielder. from sky sports

Re-hash of a story from last week (word-for-word). Rumour is we have been allowed to talk to the lad but who knows?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Breaking news!

Seems Palace have signed a Diddicoy..........

diddicoy [ˈdɪdɪˌkɔɪ],
one of a group of caravan-dwelling roadside people who live like Gypsies but are not true Romanies
[from Romany]

oh no, sorry......................... that should have been Dikgacoi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7018008,00.html

still - could well mean the signing of Garvan is a step closer

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I think that Garvan could still be on his way and that the signing of Mile Jedinak this week could be the catalyst. No source just a feeling like, especially as Palace now seen overloaded in the midfield.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think that Garvan could still be on his way and that the signing of Mile Jedinak this week could be the catalyst. No source just a feeling like, especially as Palace now seen overloaded in the midfield.

He's cover for Ambrose, I think he knows that unfortunately. Freedman said he wants to buy a striker to play alongside Murray, meaning we'll be playing 4 in midfield. With KG, Jedanik, Ambrose and the likes of Zaha/Scannell he isn't going to get much game time especially considering we want another winger.

I feel sorry for Owen, he's got undoubted talent but he had a terrible start last year and it really knocked him.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
???????
Breaking news!

Seems Palace have signed a Diddicoy..........

diddicoy [ˈdɪdɪˌkɔɪ],
one of a group of caravan-dwelling roadside people who live like Gypsies but are not true Romanies
[from Romany]

Very funny, I would do icon to express my aproval like thumbs up or laughing face, but no clue how to do it

oh no, sorry......................... that should have been Dikgacoi

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_7018008,00.html

still - could well mean the signing of Garvan is a step closer

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He's cover for Ambrose, I think he knows that unfortunately. Freedman said he wants to buy a striker to play alongside Murray, meaning we'll be playing 4 in midfield. With KG, Jedanik, Ambrose and the likes of Zaha/Scannell he isn't going to get much game time especially considering we want another winger.

I feel sorry for Owen, he's got undoubted talent but he had a terrible start last year and it really knocked him.

Rumour has it we are sniffing about Ambrose!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports