Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
we have three of the top 6 clubs within an easy hours journey.You have nobody of any note.I don't think anybody is saying we are a big club-just bigger than you.Admittedly that isn't saying much at all.

But thing is really not that much bigger at all considering all things-oh and it will only get worse for you

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to playing Palar$e next season... one worry, Muzza scoring... but we should have enough to win this time round...

Oh come on you know Murray better than that, he won't be fit to play at the Amex he will have one of his mystery injuries.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
30000 plays 26,500. Hardly a huge gap in terms of capacity.

Has the Sellhurst capacity been cut for safety reasons recently then? I'm sure it was bigger than that last time round... TBH, our capacity is 22.5k... 30k only if we can sustain that, I reckon...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Has the Sellhurst capacity been cut for safety reasons recently then? I'm sure it was bigger than that last time round... TBH, our capacity is 22.5k... 30k only if we can sustain that, I reckon...

probably due to terminal decline-decay and rot

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
But thing is really not that much bigger at all considering all things-oh and it will only get worse for you
And how nostradamus do you know that.You don't do you, it is wishful thinking.I am more optimistic about our future now than in years.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off, you lose a few games and Gus buggers off to a big club, the crowds will plummet.

I can literally TASTE the hope in this sentence from you... it's hilario!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Strange that the Mirror seems to be saying the deal is done, but nothing from official site or the usual suspects?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And how nostradamus do you know that.You don't do you, it is wishful thinking.I am more optimistic about our future now than in years.

Hey-i might look like him-nope,let's just say you may be optimistic and rightly so but me about us and ours,well go to the moon again if you wish,but we are going to another galaxy

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am very proud of my club and what they have achieved and survived in the last decade plus, 90% of league clubs would have gone to the wall if they had lost their ground and been royally screwed by that shower of shit. In that time I learned that genuine football fans whatever their team are all one and the same and the only difference is the colour of their teams shirt, the support we had from around the country from clubs large and small will never be forgotten. REMF also reflects well on our 2 clubs. I still consider Palace to be our main rival and relish every victory and feel totally gutted at every defeat. We have always been comparable in size and status even though Palace have been above us in recent years. I think the tide has changed and Brighton are in a stronger position with the stadium in place, a superb young manager and a chairman admired and trusted by the fans, it won't be about next season it will be about the next 10yrs. Palace might get their 40000 seater stadium but it would take at least 5yrs to come to fruition, their owners seem like proper fans with the well being of their club in mind and I think they will hold their own next year without setting the league alight. We are in unchartered territory and I remember when Peterborough went up a couple of seasons ago I thought they would do pretty well with players like Mclean, Makail-Smith and George Boyd and a young dynamic manager but they came straight back down. I think signing young players with championship experience will hold us in good stead and I would be happy with a season of consolidation and setting the foundations of a good championship club.Whatever happens as long as we are at least 3 positions above Palace I will be happy. Last point is that Palace have produced some terrific players through their youth scheme - Bostock, Moses, Scannell, Cline to name a few and I would be very happy to emulate that success over the next few years.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

We have a young manager that loves the club, a stable and sensible board and an amazing academy. A new stadium is on the horizon. The future is the best's it's looked for a long time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We have a young manager that loves the club, a stable and sensible board and an amazing academy. A new stadium is on the horizon. The future is the best's it looked for a long time.

To be honest Eagle i'm pleased,you have needed a strong rival for years,one you can give and take with,we have let you down through no fault of our own,just glad you don't go letting us down now were on our way back-forget what people say about a true derby-this is a rival match-lets honour the fact that the fixture between us is one of the biggest in this region and in the division and will be again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
To be honest Eagle i'm pleased,you have needed a strong rival for years,one you can give and take with,we have let you down through no fault of our own,just glad you don't go letting us down now were on our way back-forget what people say about a true derby-this is a rival match-lets honour the fact that the fixture between us is one of the biggest in this region and in the division and will be again.

Good post. These are the games that we love as fans. When the fixtures came out the first thing I looked for was you home and away. September 27th can't come soon enough!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good post. These ate the games that we love as fans. When the fixtures came out the first thing I looked for was you home and away. September 27th can't come soon enough!

Me too-you won't until match day ever here me refer to Palace or Eagles as scum,palarse,w7nkers,nigels or anything else-i will even call myself a seaweed-perhaps it was knowing years ago the rarest of the rare a born and bread Palace fan from Brighton(he can get medication) who did on many occasions frequent the Goldstone to watch Brighton-though has to be said think he had a laugh at us-still let's see where we finish this season-would i give you 6 points to finish above you? i'll get back to you on that one.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Me too-you won't until match day ever here me refer to Palace or Eagles as scum,palarse,w7nkers,nigels or anything else-i will even call myself a seaweed-perhaps it was knowing years ago the rarest of the rare a born and bread Palace fan from Brighton(he can get medication) who did on many occasions frequent the Goldstone to watch Brighton-though has to be said think he had a laugh at us-still let's see where we finish this season-would i give you 6 points to finish above you? i'll get back to you on that one.

Haha, I think I would rather we came 21st and beat you twice than lose to you twice but come 7th!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Haha, I think I would rather we came 21st and beat you twice than lose to you twice but come 7th!

my problem is-that was my old way of thinking-now i think we will see the bigger picture-perhaps we can get a double and 6th-yes that will do.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
my problem is-that was my old way of thinking-now i think we will see the bigger picture-perhaps we can get a double and 6th-yes that will do.

That's just being greedy :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports