Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Garvan (merged)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
we have three of the top 6 clubs within an easy hours journey.You have nobody of any note.I don't think anybody is saying we are a big club-just bigger than you.Admittedly that isn't saying much at all.

Prepare to eat your words next season my friend...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK, back to Garvan... that video suggest to me, that IF we have bought him from the scum, then he is EXACTLY the sort of player Gus loves... even better, Gus will improve his play exponentially, so a great move for the player too...

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Prepare to eat your words next season my friend...
Why?Even ifyou finish above us that would not change my opinion.Doncaster finished above us last year (2009-10) and they are about your size,I don't consider them bigger.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
On top of those add Gardner, Bennett, Counago,Davis and Barrett. You have replaced them with Murray and who
Your squad is now weaker.

Were still hopeful of getting Gardner, that should be decided next week. The other's left cause we decided to release them. New players are on there way.

And you can talk, you've lost you're 2 best attacking players and replaced them with 2 players that are average at best IMO. I think you need another 6-7 players just to get up to a decent standard for this level. All this talk of Robbie Kean and Michael Owen but you look like getting Chris Wood and a Palace reject who couldn't even make our squad at times last season. Even KLL might not happen now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Havent read it lately but I am sure somebody will come up with the detaills and record of games played betwen the 2 teams. When I last looked duringa Capital Radio Helpa London Child weekend in the 80s we were way in front of wins. I donated some money for Kid Jensen to announce the details on the program which he did with a reduced volume when he said our record. As I said havent done it for years so could be disappointed.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
OK, back to Garvan... that video suggest to me, that IF we have bought him from the scum, then he is EXACTLY the sort of player Gus loves... even better, Gus will improve his play exponentially, so a great move for the player too...
And he can pass the ball.Just don't expect any work.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why?Even ifyou finish above us that would not change my opinion.Doncaster finished above us last year (2009-10) and they are about your size,I don't consider them bigger.

You know how many season tix we've sold next year... right?

You might as well eat humble pie now TBH... you've got about 10k to go to match our capacity home sell-out EVERY game... we're the big boys now, live with it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So you'll give the games against 'ickle Brighton a miss then and won't be TOTALLY gutted when you lose twice?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And he can pass the ball.Just don't expect any work.

Yes, but we'll have other players doing that... we get the ball, he uses it... we'll see, of course...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm really looking forward to playing the scum again TBH... and on an even footing this time... who knows what will happen, but I expect competitive games this time...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry mate I can't match that.I am absolutely stunned.

OK... wanna put money on our av attendances exceeding yours next season?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sorry mate I can't match that.I am absolutely stunned.

Not as stunned as we are to find out that you honestly think CPFC's a bigger club than BHAFC Oggy! When the Amex is a 30k ground come Christmas, small and crumbling Selhurst will barely render you fit to be Barnet's feeder club.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
You know how many season tix we've sold next year... right?

You might as well eat humble pie now TBH... you've got about 10k to go to match our capacity home sell-out EVERY game... we're the big boys now, live with it...

You've done well with the season ticket sales but it won't last. You are lucky that the football Gus has got you playing, arriving in the new stadium and promotion to The Championship has all coincided. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off, you lose a few games and Gus buggers off to a big club, the crowds will plummet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to playing Palar$e next season... one worry, Muzza scoring... but we should have enough to win this time round...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You've done well with the season ticket sales but it won't last. You are lucky that the football Gus has got you playing, arriving in the new stadium and promotion to The Championship has all coincided. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off, you lose a few games and Gus buggers off to a big club, the crowds will plummet.

That may happen, of course... we'll see... keep dreaming you will be able to compete m8... it's kinda sweet in a way...

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Not as stunned as we are to find out that you honestly think CPFC's a bigger club than BHAFC Oggy! When the Amex is a 30k ground come Christmas, small and crumbling Selhurst will barely render you fit to be Barnet's feeder club.

30,000 plays 26,500. Hardly a huge gap in terms of capacity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is why Gus is trying to stabalise the club and build it up from the basic roots and thus leave it eventually ina very healthy state..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here