Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brigfhton are a tidal wave gaining in strength and momentum as many will find out. Blloom has ambition and determination to be a success oh and the finance to achieve this.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Brigfhton are a tidal wave gaining in strength and momentum as many will find out. Blloom has ambition and determination to be a success oh and the finance to achieve this.

Barcelona, Man U, Ac Milan and Real Madrid must be shitting it :lolol:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Er, I answered you in a previous thread a couple of weeks ago and you had no come back. I can find a link if you like? The Zzzzzzz.... post is in reference to your constant harping on about Palace's admin, you are like a broken record. We were a bigger club than you before our first admin, what's your excuse for that?

You say bhaexpress is like a broken record but you KEEP ON telling us how much of a big club you are. You seem to have a real hang up over it. To be fair you have been playing in higher leagues for a longer duration, but really, who gives a shit. Next season the teams are in the same league again and this time we have an honest chance of staying there, however we have a better manager, better players, better financial backing and a lot more support than previous excursions so I'm sure you can understand why we are excited and feeling a little confident for once.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
You say bhaexpress is like a broken record but you KEEP ON telling us how much of a big club you are. You seem to have a real hang up over it. To be fair you have been playing in higher leagues for a longer duration, but really, who gives a shit. Next season the teams are in the same league again and this time we have an honest chance of staying there, however we have a better manager, better players, better financial backing and a lot more support than previous excursions so I'm sure you can understand why we are excited and feeling a little confident for once.

Better players? Do me a favour. Ask any neutral who's squad they'd rather have and i know what the answer would be. And there's no point comparing Gus and Dougie, the clubs circumstances were entirely different last year.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Better players? Do me a favour. Ask any neutral who's squad they'd rather have and i know what the answer would be. And there's no point comparing Gus and Dougie, the clubs circumstances were entirely different last year.

I don't mind if you wish to apologise but if you read my post again, then you will understand I was comparing our current squad etc to our previous squads and so on!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Almost forgot. Bigger clubs spend alot of their existence in the 3rd and 4th tiers of football. Bigger clubs get relegated from the 2nd tier twice in the last decade. Bigger clubs play in cathedrals such as the Withdean.

Bigger clubs than CPFC tend to finish higher than them in the league ladder don't they? Last time the "mighty" :lolol: Albion finished above CPFC, Berlin still had a wall through it.

OK, I'm gonna bite... I have been supporting Brighton from the mid-70's... we are roughly the same size of club... the thing is, Brighton has been metaphorically fighting with both hands tied behind its back since the sale of the Goldstone (fcuking charlatans in charge then)... if that hadn't happened, Palar$e would have found that their main rivals (that's us, not Charlton) were competitive... now we have Falmer, a fantastic chairman and manager, and more money than you for squad building, if I were you I wouldn't shout too loud... chances are we will overhaul your struggling club from next season onwards...

True, it is hard to compare the two but surely you cannot claim he is a better manager than Gus?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To repeat what Gus said clubs have better players we have a better team which would most people want better individual players or a better more effective, succesful overall team. Go to supporters of any other club in the land, other than their current clubc and ask the supporters if their manager left who would they rather replace him Gus Poyet or Douggie Freedman.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We averaged 1.18 points per game when Freedman took over. Multiply that by the 46 games and we would've gotten 54 points which was well clear of relegation. That squad loses Danns, a good player, and Vaughan, who I think only scored 3 goals in his second loan stint. The team is certainly signing new players and will again not sell unless given silly money. I have no reason to think we will be in another relegation dogfight like last year.

I have to say though, BHAFC's history has proven that you have what it takes to stay in this division :lolol:

Seriously, you are comparing our last 2 promotions to this one... if so, you are seriously deluded... we were hamstrung by Withdean last time, but not this...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We averaged 1.18 points per game when Freedman took over. Multiply that by the 46 games and we would've gotten 54 points which was well clear of relegation. That squad loses Danns, a good player, and Vaughan, who I think only scored 3 goals in his second loan stint. The team is certainly signing new players and will again not sell unless given silly money. I have no reason to think we will be in another relegation dogfight like last year.

I have to say though, BHAFC's history has proven that you have what it takes to stay in this division :lolol:

On top of those add Gardner, Bennett, Counago,Davis and Barrett. You have replaced them with Murray and who
Your squad is now weaker.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Archer was an unscurpulous man who made a lot of money at our espense but did nothing illegal. and unlike TV was not adored by the fans next question.
Bit like Venables then unless I missed the prosecution.Venables adored?If you say so.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For Palace to bang on repeatedly about how much bigger they are to us is in fact a joke-
Granted they have had their days, but for such a so much bigger club perhaps their all time home average crowd should be better than 15,500 odd compared to our 11,500odd (we have had 14 years without a proper stadium) what apart from the fact there is competition in London from other clubs, is there excuse-4000 difference at the level Palace have played at equates to away support-laughable=Palace oh and Deluded=Palace.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ahhh... Mullery and Venables... those were the days

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
For Palace to bang on repeatedly about how much bigger they are to us is in fact a joke-
Granted they have had their days, but for such a so much bigger club perhaps their all time home average crowd should be better than 15,500 odd compared to our 11,500odd (we have had 14 years without a proper stadium) what apart from the fact there is competition in London from other clubs, is there excuse-4000 difference at the level Palace have played at equates to away support-laughable=Palace oh and Deluded=Palace.
we have three of the top 6 clubs within an easy hours journey.You have nobody of any note.I don't think anybody is saying we are a big club-just bigger than you.Admittedly that isn't saying much at all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I believe we will finish well above Palar$e next season, but no guarantees, it is a tough division, and we DO need to strengthen our team and squad... however, as the scum posted earlier, there is plenty of time before the season starts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports