Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
I'd support that, though looking through the fixtures I did think "Where are our points going to come from?" Peterboro, Barnsley, then it starts getting tough. Who else could go down...Donny might run out of steam this season....

Yeah - the fixtures are tough next year.

Obviously there is no way of knowing how it will shape up at the beginning of the season, but I'd expect there to be points readily available from Peterboro, Barnsley, Donny, Cardiff, Hull, Millwall (and of course Brighton ;-) )

Far too early to predict this stuff though. The sort of league, where on their day, anybody can beat anybody.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ireckon palace need to be pretty much safe by the end of feb, looking at their last 8 games they could lose all of them:rave::rave::rave:
I HOPE.

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
cant believe some of our fans giving it the large to the palace fans.When was the last time we came above them in the league 85-86?????? Lets finish above them next year then maybe gloat

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think a lot of Brighton fans have been less mouthy since the fixture list came out and the games were there to see in black and white.

As it goes, I think you'll actually do OK and end up between 11th and 15th. I think Palace will too.

No one on NSC is saying Albion are getting promoted to the Prem. At best some fans are echoing our chairman's aim to finish in the play-offs, but then if he wants to keep a manager of Gus's calibre he has to be "appropriately ambitious".

I think the bookies have got it about right at the mo, although all 24 clubs still have many deals to make.

Personally, I can't see why you think you're going to go up 5-9 places; your kids will get better and you've got Murray, but you're bound to lose 2 or 3 of your big players too.

We've still got money in the bank to spend and our squad will only get stronger from this point in. The reverse is true of Palace.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
They're already wondering where the points are going to come from, where's all the pre season bravado gone?
I thought all fans talked up their clubs chances at this time of year, No matter how shit they might be. Now until 6 August WILL be the only time fans of some feel optomistic .

Dad 38

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
You were. Never mind it being out of step with how rival football fans get involved in banter though hey? Pal?

its a open forum where fans can express their own views I dont understand the abuse some on this site give.I hate Palace just as much as most Albion fans and the worst day of my football life was the 5-0 in 2002 but I like I said we have not finished above them in the table since I was a young lad.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
its a open forum where fans can express their own views I dont understand the abuse some on this site give.I hate Palace just as much as most Albion fans and the worst day of my football life was the 5-0 in 2002 but I like I said we have not finished above them in the table since I was a young lad.

Hmm, excuse me. YOU were the one who started to abuse other fans for indulging in some banter with the Scum fans on here. Clearly you missed all the fun of the glory years when we really used to get it on with the Scum. You should have been at Stamford Bridge after we were robbed by Ron Challace. That felt MUCH worse than losing 5-0, because we should have won. To be fair, we were lucky to be on the same pitch as them with the state of our Club when we lost 5-0. And that score line did flatter them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clearly part of the reason we haven't finished above Palace in many a year is the stadium issue and lack of finances. Even despite this in the 4 matches we've had three were pretty close.

What's key for the Albion is this KLL signing. To me, KLL / Hoskins / Buckley feels stronger than Murray / Bennett. And bringing in KLL will be a great flagship signing for the club and encourage other potential signing that the Albion is the place to be.

And whilst the fixture list IS, on the face of it, intimidating, we have Gus in charge AND we owed League One last season. I hope for play-offs, I expect mid-table, I'd be disappointed with a lower half finish.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
They're already wondering where the points are going to come from, where's all the pre season bravado gone?
If our fans are worried you should be terrified.Apart from Murray all our players have championship experience and we know what to expect.we will finish above you .FACT

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If our fans are worried you should be terrified.Apart from Murray all our players have championship experience and we know what to expect.we will finish above you .FACT

Experience of struggling in a dog fight.

Not sure that is so much an advantage

Clearly part of the reason we haven't finished above Palace in many a year is the stadium issue and lack of finances. Even despite this in the 4 matches we've had three were pretty close.

What's key for the Albion is this KLL signing. To me, KLL / Hoskins / Buckley feels stronger than Murray / Bennett. And bringing in KLL will be a great flagship signing for the club and encourage other potential signing that the Albion is the place to be.

And whilst the fixture list IS, on the face of it, intimidating, we have Gus in charge AND we owed League One last season. I hope for play-offs, I expect mid-table, I'd be disappointed with a lower half finish.

Long way to go before the opening match but even the most optimistic BHA fan would have to concede that our team is presently weaker than last year. With no improvements to the defence either - a lower half finish is reality & 4th bottom = success.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Erm, you have lost Davis, Gardner,Bennett, Vaughan, Counago and possibly Danns and Clyne from a team that just missed relegation and you have replaced them all with Murray.

You don,t look to have a strong sqaud left to me to have so much confidence.

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
Experience of struggling in a dog fight.

Not sure that is so much an advantage

Must say, you lot have an excellent track record in this division. Relegated from it twice in the past decade. Top stuff :thumbsup:

Think you guys will stay up this season rather comfortably as long as Poyet makes it through the 46 games (which I doubt he will). But if you really think that signing the likes of KLL, Hoskins, Buckley, and Garvan is good enough to replace Murray, Bennett, and potentially Barnes, then I feel rather sorry for you.

Good luck this season, except the two times we play you. Stay up this season, then piss off to League One the season after :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports