Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Er, maybe because our midfield is better than your's? You're star man has left and you're other decent midfielder, Bridcutt, was on trial with us in the summer but didn't make the grade. Ambrose, Danns, Zaha and Marrow would all walk into you're team. Get over yourselves, you pissed a very poor League One, The Championship is a massive step up.

Blah blah blah. You would have struggled in league 1 last season with your piss poor team. Ambrose, Danns and Zaha are off, and you know where you can stick your MARROW!

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
Blah blah blah. You would have struggled in league 1 last season with your piss poor team. Ambrose, Danns and Zaha are off, and you know where you can stick your MARROW!

:lolol:

You sad deluded :wanker:

Struggle in League One? When's the last time Palace were in the 3rd tier of football you f*****g fool?

The arrogance of some (not all) of the posters is quite incredible. You mugs are in for a long season and signing Owen Garvan is hardly going to do the biz for you.

Difference..We sign your 22 goal striker, while you sign our fringe MF player.

Well done :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, you've signed our star player and where do the bookies have you finishing next season? About 8-10 places below us.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Yeah, you've signed our star player and where do the bookies have you finishing next season? About 8-10 places below us.

Well if the bookies are so accurate why don't we not bother playing the season at all? There is a common myth that bookies are usually spot on, well they are more often wrong than right. The only thing they correctly predicted about the championship last year was QPR. They thought 'boro were going up (they finished 5 or 6 points ahead of us).

Bookies odds also change when people start laying down some pretty large bets too. So, respectfully, I don't think any of us should hold too tightly onto what the bookies are saying before the transfer window has even opened.

Garvan is a decent player. I don't think he'd much improve the team you currently have - but then it is only your management team who know the want the team to line-up next season.

Anyone care to substantiate any of the claims that Ambrose, Clyne and Zaha are leaving? So far we've had some prem clubs having a sniff round them, but no desire for them to go and no solid offers coming in. If any of them did part - expect to see a few million coming the other way.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well if the bookies are so accurate why don't we not bother playing the season at all? There is a common myth that bookies are usually spot on, well they are more often wrong than right. The only thing they correctly predicted about the championship last year was QPR. They thought 'boro were going up (they finished 5 or 6 points ahead of us).

Bookies odds also change when people start laying down some pretty large bets too. So, respectfully, I don't think any of us should hold too tightly onto what the bookies are saying before the transfer window has even opened.

Garvan is a decent player. I don't think he'd much improve the team you currently have - but then it is only your management team who know the want the team to line-up next season.

Anyone care to substantiate any of the claims that Ambrose, Clyne and Zaha are leaving? So far we've had some prem clubs having a sniff round them, but no desire for them to go and no solid offers coming in. If any of them did part - expect to see a few million coming the other way.

I've seen Clyne and Ambrose enough to know how good they are and if you can keep the predators at bay and set up more adventurously this season I can't see why you won't improve considerably on the last two seasons. Haven't seen Zaha at all though. What are his strengths and will he figure for you more this year? He seems to be attracting a fair bit of attention.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I've seen Clyne and Ambrose enough to know how good they are and if you can keep the predators at bay and set up more adventurously this season I can't see why you won't improve considerably on the last two seasons. Haven't seen Zaha at all though. What are his strengths and will he figure for you more this year? He seems to be attracting a fair bit of attention.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So you saying "you mugs are in for a long season" is, effectively, you telling me that ALL of the bookmakers who have us finishing c. 9-14th are wrong and that - in fact - we're destined for a season of trying to stave off relegation.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge - having watched Palace for the last few seasons you are plainly well-experienced in spotting a squad of players destined to be fighting off relegation from the Championship.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011

If we can keep hold of these three (which I expect we will) then I think we can hope for an improved season.

Zaha is along the same lines as Clyne (in terms of potential and quality) just coming up 2 years behind. Excellent skill and ability - just a little naive in his decision making. Learning the game fast though, and I expect this season to be one where he really cranks it up to the next notch. Not all Palace fans will agree with me on this, but I think he has the potential to surpass Victor Moses. We'll just have to see. 3 years + on his contract, so would only sell for silly money at this stage.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
So you saying "you mugs are in for a long season" is, effectively, you telling me that ALL of the bookmakers who have us finishing c. 9-14th are wrong and that - in fact - we're destined for a season of trying to stave off relegation.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge - having watched Palace for the last few seasons you are plainly well-experienced in spotting a squad of players destined to be fighting off relegation from the Championship.

The point I am making is that the bookies have been far too quick to accurately predict the upcoming season. Predictably they've gone for the three that came down to go straight up and the likes of Reading and Cardiff there or thereabouts. Reading, I think, is fair enough, but Cardiff have had an exodus and lost their manager (albeit replaced him with a decent one). They will be my tip for struggle, yet are right up there according to the bookies. I also expect at least one of the three who came down to really struggle adjusting to life outside the Prem.

Too many variables not taken into account.

It seems that most Palace fans will rib you about being certs for relegation as a reaction to the cocky nature of a good chunk of your fans. I think they are trying to remind you that this league will be a bitch next year. Tough, tough, tough. I understand the momentum of promotion can generate a feeling of 'euphoria' and that breeds confidence - but quite a few championship sides will probably take issue with those of you predicting to pass many of us by in your path to the Prem.

I think a lot of Brighton fans have been less mouthy since the fixture list came out and the games were there to see in black and white. I know a few of us Palace fans had a bit or a realisation how big this season will actually be.

As it goes, I think you'll actually do OK and end up between 11th and 15th. I think Palace will too.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
The point I am making is that the bookies have been far too quick to accurately predict the upcoming season. Predictably they've gone for the three that came down to go straight up and the likes of Reading and Cardiff there or thereabouts. Reading, I think, is fair enough, but Cardiff have had an exodus and lost their manager (albeit replaced him with a decent one). They will be my tip for struggle, yet are right up there according to the bookies. I also expect at least one of the three who came down to really struggle adjusting to life outside the Prem.

It seems that most Palace fans will rib you about being certs for relegation as a reaction to the cocky nature of a good chunk of your fans. I think they are trying to remind you that this league will be a bitch next year. Tough, tough, tough. I understand the momentum of promotion can generate a feeling of 'euphoria' and that breeds confidence - but quite a few championship sides will probably take issue with those of you predicting to pass many of us by in your path to the Prem.

I think a lot of Brighton fans have been less mouthy since the fixture list came out and the games were there to see in black and white. I know a few of us Palace fans had a bit or a realisation how big this season will actually be.

As it goes, I think you'll actually do OK and end up between 11th and 15th. I think Palace will too.

Blimey I think I agree with every word of this!

I am sorry you can't possibly be a Palace fan!!!

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
Looks like we're out of luck, boys :annoyed:

Assistant manager Lennie Lawrence told the Advertiser: "We are in the market for attacking players, but the other factor is who we might lose. I assume, sadly, that Neil Danns will sign for someone else, but other than that we are not losing anyone else."

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I'd support that, though looking through the fixtures I did think "Where are our points going to come from?" Peterboro, Barnsley, then it starts getting tough. Who else could go down...Donny might run out of steam this season....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm gonna save the willy waving at Palace until I have a clue as to what our 1st X1 is when the season starts. At the moment we'll struggle to stay up so it's a brave or stupid man who is convinced we'll finish above them, especially if they hold onto their better players. Ideally we'll make a raft of signings and they'll lose all their best players a week before kick off...now that will be the time to get all cocky (pun intended)

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I do actually agree with this post also. Id be delighted with 15th.

I do however believe you will lose Ambrose.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Looks like we're out of luck, boys :annoyed:

Assistant manager Lennie Lawrence told the Advertiser: "We are in the market for attacking players, but the other factor is who we might lose. I assume, sadly, that Neil Danns will sign for someone else, but other than that we are not losing anyone else."

Hey looks, it's Eastbourne, the Brighton fan with a canny knack of turning up of topics concerning Palace and posting some quote from a Palace player/manager. He's definitely a Brighton fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports