Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Please answer my question. Where is the money coming from to build your new stadium?

A combination of our boards own money and selling Selhurst i would imagine. These guys are Palace fans born and breed and also savvy buisnessmen. If they have said that a new stadium is on the horizon i believe them, so far they have been open about everything.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Like I was saying before we all got distracted ,our football last season was all about avoiding relegation.He didn't fit that style butmay do better in a side playing better football.Apparently that is the way we are going but we will see. 250k still seems cheap but with the grief he gets from certain sections I would imagine he would go given the chance

I jus read the bbs and he sounds exactly the sort of player that would fit in here but very unlikely 250k would be enough. If Woods joins we have two defensive CM's and if this fella joins two creative CM's so we'll see.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
A combination of our boards own money and selling Selhurst i would imagine. These guys are Place fans born and breed and also savvy buisnessmen. If they have said that a new stadium is on the horizon i believe them, so far they have been open about everything.

Oh so you are to have 4 Tony Blooms, be careful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they have said that a new stadium is on the horizon i believe them, so far they have been open about everything.

It could well be on the horizon , moving the club to groundshare at stadium:mk , which is nice and open:lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Rather groundshare with Grimsby than with that lot, even with the fishy smell...
How many Palace fans would travel every other week up to Blunder Park ? It would be like an away trip on Groundhog Day.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
I jus read the bbs and he sounds exactly the sort of player that would fit in here but very unlikely 250k would be enough. If Woods joins we have two defensive CM's and if this fella joins two creative CM's so we'll see.
I don't know your squad particularly well, but I rate Garvan, though he clearly couldn't play in our side last season under Dougie, who set us up to try and defend for long periods of time and maybe score 1 goal to win (like against Leeds, Cardiff etc), and so Garvan didn't play much, because he isn't very defensive - to say he can't tackle is an understatement.

Many Palace fans say he doesn't commit though, this is also untrue, as he does commit - he just got sent off when he did! Certainly tries his best and is a top, top passer of the ball, and can strike it fairly sweetly, just lacks the pace and runs like a 70 year old. As I said I rate him, but is a bit of a luxury for us at the moment and so won't start much, don't know if he would fit in with you at all though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't know your squad particularly well, but I rate Garvan, though he clearly couldn't play in our side last season under Dougie, who set us up to try and defend for long periods of time and maybe score 1 goal to win (like against Leeds, Cardiff etc), and so Garvan didn't play much, because he isn't very defensive - to say he can't tackle is an understatement.

Many Palace fans say he doesn't commit though, this is also untrue, as he does commit - he just got sent off when he did! Certainly tries his best and is a top, top passer of the ball, and can strike it fairly sweetly, just lacks the pace and runs like a 70 year old. As I said I rate him, but is a bit of a luxury for us at the moment and so won't start much, don't know if he would fit in with you at all though.

thanks for that

good to read a sensible post

the lack of oace is a worry but otherwise sounds like a good fit for our style of play

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Under Gus we've played a passing game that builds from he back and utilises versatile switching wingers with one defensive CM (Bridcutt) and one creative CM (Dicker). I do reckon we need a hard nitty fritty box to box midfielder to mix it up a bit though, Garvan doesn't sound like he's that but might provide creative CM cover.

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Under Gus we've played a passing game that builds from he back and utilises versatile switching wingers with one defensive CM (Bridcutt) and one creative CM (Dicker). I do reckon we need a hard nitty fritty box to box midfielder to mix it up a bit though, Garvan doesn't sound like he's that but might provide creative CM cover.
Nope Garvan definitely isn't your box-to-box man, that would be Neil Danns, but he isn't going to you but I assume he is the type you need, Garvan would probably be more of a creative midfielder like Dicker, no idea how good he is at all so can't comment on whether Garvan would be better or not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A young guy like him should have some ambition, something that's not likely to get him very far at Crystal Paupers.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I used to sign Owen Garvan for Brighton on Football manager afew years back, he was pretty good if I remember rightly. It would be surreal to see him here for real :thumbsup:

Also used to sign Eddie Gaven who plays in the MLS, he was absolutely wicked...could do a job too?

And Freddy Guarin, he was also awsome in computer game land many moons ago. I think he might cost these days tho :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports