Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
i was not biting just pointing out how funny i found them two ok.. god is it blob week for all or summat!!!!!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're looking at a Crystal Place player, perhaps we are in for a difficult season after all.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Wasn't a reflection on your fans. It was one on your club. There isn't a club in the land who if the fans got wind of the charities their club had mugged off, wouldn't have a whip round. And though it pains me to say it, good on you for doing so. My point was, your club shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place, but you chase the dream by spending money that wasn't yours. And now you're getting what's coming to you as you have to fight and scrap like we have for 20 years, and we're in the ascension again, you can't stand the heat. I look forward to this season, I can't wait for the excuses when we do finish above you.
I doubt Jordan and Goldberg went out of there way to go bust and f*** over buisness. We have been very unlucky that we have had 2 chairman who have been naive but to say what you have is crap of the highest order. Also ever considered factors beyond our control? The collaspe of ITV Digital, the drop in crowds after the Prem? In more recent times, an aggressive hedge fund demanding there money without notice, our's wasn't a standard admin you know. Also a certain RECESSION? There are many clubs close to admin and one day you may be in that same boat. I think that a big club will soon go under, and the fact that the Football League have introduced new rules suggest that they feel the same.

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
No honest Palace fan is proud of the last 15 years financial mismanagement. It signified another example of the money in football that typifies what has gone wrong in the beautiful game. We are now much happier with our current set up - but certainly acknowledge the wrong-doings of the past.

I think it is unfair to take a pop at the chairmen for not paying 100% of the clubs debt - after all if you bought a house at an auction because the previous owner defaulted on mortgage payments and was declared bankrupt - would you feel that it was your duty to also pay everyone else off that he burrowed from to buy the house and still owed money to? Thought not.

Anyway - I digress. Palace fans accept that we over-reached and lived beyond our means. What I and many Palace fans take exception to is the moral high ground that you are now taking by thinking that your situation is somehow different. As with SJ, Bloom has given the club interest free loans, funded x, y and z and promised you all that he'll make sure the club is never in a debt with him that the club cannot pay off. Unsecured debt and will turn the stadium loan into shares. Is this right?

Please then tell me what happens if he decides to sell the club before the ground has been paid back? He converts that into shares...then he'll be wanting to sell his shares. Lets say the debt by this stage is still to the tune of £70m. He would then need to find a buyer who will buy the club and the ground from him at over £70m. This could prove very tough to find.

Chances are that a buyer may just decide to purchase the club. Bingo bango, you could find yourself in similar waters to CPFC where the club and ground are not united anymore. Now I am not saying this will happen, but promises and so on and so forth mean squat when somebody changes their mind.

Hence why we Palace fans are saying that it is all well and good owing your chairmen for the ground in the form of an interest free loan - but circumstances could change that. As the club hasn't paid for it directly, these are the sorts of things that bankrupt a club. So please don't get moralistic on us.

Noades and Jordan both had the club (appearing) to be set up for life. 12 years and 2 admins later has taught us to trust no-one with promises. So I'd actually be wary about our ground move - unless funded by sponsors and event-hire. If the chairmen personally paid for it - I'd fear a potential future where club and ground are not united.

Anyway - I am pleased you guys have your new ground. Really. Just remember that you are living of a benefactor - and that can go wrong. Just because he loves the club, doesn't make it all going tits up impossible. That is all.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Going back to the missing cladding issue , the reason its been left that way is for the additional executive boxes to go in when the corner seating is added and the extra tier on the East Stand merges seamlessly with the extra boxes.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No honest Palace fan is proud of the last 15 years financial mismanagement. It signified another example of the money in football that typifies what has gone wrong in the beautiful game. We are now much happier with our current set up - but certainly acknowledge the wrong-doings of the past.

I think it is unfair to take a pop at the chairmen for not paying 100% of the clubs debt - after all if you bought a house at an auction because the previous owner defaulted on mortgage payments and was declared bankrupt - would you feel that it was your duty to also pay everyone else off that he burrowed from to buy the house and still owed money to? Thought not.

Anyway - I digress. Palace fans accept that we over-reached and lived beyond our means. What I and many Palace fans take exception to is the moral high ground that you are now taking by thinking that your situation is somehow different. As with SJ, Bloom has given the club interest free loans, funded x, y and z and promised you all that he'll make sure the club is never in a debt with him that the club cannot pay off. Unsecured debt and will turn the stadium loan into shares. Is this right?

Please then tell me what happens if he decides to sell the club before the ground has been paid back? He converts that into shares...then he'll be wanting to sell his shares. Lets say the debt by this stage is still to hte tune of £70m. He would then need to find a buyer who will buy the club and the ground from him. This could prove very tough to find.

Chances are that a buyer may just decide to purchase the club. Bingo bango, you could find yourself in similar waters to CPFC. Now I am not saying this will happen, but promises and so on and so forth mean squat when somebody changes their mind.

Hence why we Palace fans are saying that it is all well and good owing your chairmen for the ground interest free loan - but circumstances could change that. As the club hasn't paid for it directly, these are the sorts of things that bankrupt a club. so please don't get moralistic on us.

Noades and Jordan both had the club (appearing) to be set up for life. 12 years and 2 admins later has taught us to trust no-one with promises. So I'd actually be wary about our ground move - unless funded by sponsors and event-hire.

Anyway - I am pleased you guys have your new ground. Really. Just remember that you are living of a benefactor - and that can go wrong. Just because he loves the club, doesn't make it all going tits up impossible. That is all.

One question. Where is the money coming from to pay for your new stadium?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Please then tell me what happens if he decides to sell the club before the ground has been paid back? He converts that into shares...then he'll be wanting to sell his shares. Lets say the debt by this stage is still to the tune of £70m. He would then need to find a buyer who will buy the club and the ground from him at over £70m. This could prove very tough to find.

Chances are that a buyer may just decide to purchase the club. Bingo bango, you could find yourself in similar waters to CPFC where the club and ground are not united anymore. Now I am not saying this will happen, but promises and so on and so forth mean squat when somebody changes their mind.

Hence why we Palace fans are saying that it is all well and good owing your chairmen for the ground in the form of an interest free loan - but circumstances could change that. As the club hasn't paid for it directly, these are the sorts of things that bankrupt a club. So please don't get moralistic on us.

Noades and Jordan both had the club (appearing) to be set up for life. 12 years and 2 admins later has taught us to trust no-one with promises. So I'd actually be wary about our ground move - unless funded by sponsors and event-hire. If the chairmen personally paid for it - I'd fear a potential future where club and ground are not united.

Bloom is a life long fan from a family of life long fans, I'm no sure it's possible to change your mind in hose circumstances, he'll always do whats best for the Club.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They can't find the money to get it through planning, it's all pie in the sky.

Because applying for a new stadium happens over night? It's already common knowledge they've spent around 1 million on planning applications but the Spurs appeal being rejected will hopefully shed some light on where we are.

CPFC2010 aren't going to lie to the fans 1 year into their job(s), but I still think it'll be atleast 5 years until we've got a new home.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Bloom is a life long fan from a family of life long fans, I'm no sure it's possible to change your mind in hose circumstances, he'll always do whats best for the Club.
Of course your ground was thought of,site found,drawn up,planning permission sought,finance found and built in six months.You lot are seriously funny .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The Bloom family have been connected with the Albion for donkeys years. TB is a very shrewd gambler , he knows that plunging in £120M (stadium and the training complex with hotel accomodation) will see a decent investment return he'll one day be able to hand over to his son.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So was Jordan.I think his dad still lives in Whitehorse lane.

Anyway, this guy sounds like he'll be decent competition for Dicker but I'm not sure why Palace would sell him to us for £250k considering that's what they bough him for + with the potential for Ambrose and Danns going they will need midfield cover.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

If I'm correct his loan is also for 25 yrs, seeing him into retirement age (about 65). Understandable to put some sort of timecap on the loan, but I have an inkling he will never ask for it back, as you say the Albion is in his blood. If anything Albion fans at some stage will want to buy the club out in the form of shares IMO.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Anyway, this guy sounds like he'll be decent competition for Dicker but I'm not sure why Palace would sell him to us for £250k considering that's what they bough him for + with the potential for Ambrose and Danns going they will need midfield cover.
Like I was saying before we all got distracted ,our football last season was all about avoiding relegation.He didn't fit that style but may do better in a side playing better football.Apparently that is the way we are going but we will see. 250k still seems cheap but with the grief he gets from certain sections I would imagine he would go given the chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports