Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace4ever

Apr 13, 2011
Seriously enjoy your new ground. I understand why that is exciting. You should just hope that your football can match it, because otherwise it may be nothing more than the equivalent of having an expensive bag to pick up dogshit with.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Indeed, but like with every other topic, a conversation about Garvan ends up with you lot going mental about your ground.
I would go mental if i paid that amount and it had holes where cladding should be and a sloping roof.Is it subsiding?Give it a couple of hundred years and tourists may come to see the leaning stand of Falmer

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Seriously enjoy your new ground. I understand why that is exciting. You should just hope that your football can match it, because otherwise it may be nothing more than the equivalent of having an expensive bag to pick up dogshit with.

It all funded by an interest free loan from the chairman you dickhead.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
Anyway, back to Garvan...

If we can get him great, but it might cost a fair bit. Scored some wonder goals in the past.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I would go mental if i paid that amount and it had holes where cladding should be and a sloping roof.Is it subsiding?Give it a couple of hundred years and tourists may come to see the leaning stand of Falmer

That was quite funny.Credit where its due.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Indeed, but like with every other topic, a conversation about Garvan ends up with you lot going mental about your ground.
People will tend to mention facts about Brighton and Hove Albion on a Brighton and Hove Albion messageboard, if that's a problem for you then the best thing to do is not to read it. Honestly didn't think I would have to clarify my previous post any further.

Also, it was a Palace fan that brought stadiums into it.

Apart from that you make a great point. :facepalm:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Our wonky roof?
138710_18ed53ac.jpg

Looks like its falling down like the rest of your stadium.

Just so jealous.
selhurst%20park%205.jpg

amex-stadium4.jpg

40k? Be serious.
bored-jester-in-empty-stadium-uid.jpg

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Oh sorry have I upset you?There,there it is a nice ground.

Based upon your name, I take it you are 9 years old, and by your response "the leaning tower of falmer" that you have just done your history exam..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They are exactly the same but there ground cost about 16 million,face it they saw Bloom coming.

I like you, you're funny.

We've played at the shittest ground in the entire Football League for over ten years, and now (because you've lost that particular stick with which to beat us) you think you're going to offend people by crayoning a line around a couple of missing panels on a photo of the Amex? Seriously? That has got to be one of the lamest attempts at an insult I've ever seen :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Of course you would. You'd absolutely HATE to have a ground that looks so poor, I know you would...

westy

Jul 25, 2003
The funny thing is that you are all getting excited about your big stadium move (well over £100m) that currently has a 23k capacity. Even if the upgrades do happen (pushing the price even further) it'll get you 30k. Decent (and only DECENT) capacity. That'll be your home for the next 60-odd years most likely. By then, your club may have just cleared the debt to Bloom's estate.

What you must all be hoping for is that our plans hit the skids as chances are you'll have the nicer home (and I grant you that the AMEX will be nicer than SP from a cosmetic point of view) for all of 5-6 years before we move into our own lovely stadium with an all-encompassing glass roof with a capacity in the region of 40k plaus (and probably for half the cost of yours). It'll also be London territory, so land value will be exponentially more. Then you may find yourselves the poor relations again.

To be honest, it is your constant harping on about your stadium which has prompted me to post this. I actually was pleased for you guys, but you can't stop giving it the big 'I am' can you?

Well, maybe try establishing yourselves in the top 2 tiers for a decade or more before you start creaming yourselves over 'state of the art facilities'. If you've have a team that can't cut it, that'll be a financial millstone around your neck.

Why shouldnt we get excited and bang on about it? We've waiting long enough we can say what we want pal.

Oh and by the way, it will never be a "financial millstone" around our necks as the debt is to Bloom and as a director he can convert his loan to shares if he wants. He's hardly going to demand the money and put us in the mire risking said money he is trying to get back is he?!

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
must all be hoping for is that our plans hit the skids as chances are you'll have the nicer home (and I grant you that the AMEX will be nicer than SP from a cosmetic point of view) for all of 5-6 years before we move into our own lovely stadium with an all-encompassing glass roof with a capacity in the region of 40k plaus (and probably for half the cost of yours). .

you havent even got 10,000 season tickets holders now
how you going to fill that ground??:facepalm:

Last edited:

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Oh dear, Palace fans getting into another ground argument. And to think I came on here to talk about Owen Garvan :bla:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like you, you're funny.

We've played at the shittest ground in the entire Football League for over ten years, and now (because you've lost that particular stick with which to beat us) you think you're going to offend people by crayoning a line around a couple of missing panels on a photo of the Amex? Seriously? That has got to be one of the lamest attempts at an insult I've ever seen :facepalm:
To be fair that wasn't him; that was from a thread about the missing cladding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports